or Connect

Posts by sssmommy

okay, i don't know how i stumbled onto this thread but i'm glad i did because i have a good one for you....here goes. this was when i was a teenager....so anyway....i had a yucky cold and had coughed up a really really big nasty slimy phlem ball loogy thingy and needed to spit it out fast so i grabbed a cup that was sitting on the table next to me....okay just wait i'm not done really.....so then i must have gone off and forgot about it because next thing i know i come...
i feel really good about reading all these posts. i know that may sound crazy. i don't feel good that people are wanting to hit, i feel better because i know i'm not alone. except that maybe i have given into that impulse more than i care to admit, but still not as much as i've wanted to. i also grew up in an abusive situation, i think of this on those really trying days how i just don't want to keep passing this crap down. i wonder if it isn't too late. you know how...
Quote: Originally posted by Bestbirths But PEE-EWW-to quit using deoderant Do you have to have a super pure diet for that to work? [/B] you know it really does make a difference when your diet is super clean. like when we are totally vegan, body odor just isn't a problem. and really even now that i don't have that super sweet smell like i did when i had newborn milk, i still don't find that i hate the way i smell. i think it all depends on how...
i don't know how long i've waited to hear from crunchies like us who eat mainstream food sometimes. i am always feeling like i don't do enough, we eat so much good stuff at home and then i feel so bad if we go out to eat. i used to feel like "what's the point in buying organic this or that if we don't eat organic that or those" but then i realized it's all about moderation. yes we sometimes consume pure garbage, but that doesn't mean we have to throw in the towel and...
wow, i'm sitting here alone in my parents' house reading this, everyone is asleep and i'm getting all freaked out! i have always scared easily (i'm such a little piglet). my first son does the mind reading thing, ever since he was a baby, he would wake from a nap and talk about what he had eaten when it was really something i had eaten while he was asleep. a few months ago (he's almost 9 now) i was doing dishes and it was really storming out (when you live in a camper...
Quote: Originally posted by Mona i think it is very liberating not to shave, and will be liberating for dd too as she experiences first hand that you don't have to get rid of body hair bc of some one else's expectations/dislike. No judgement here on anyone, just the way i think about it for me and mine. [/B] this is one of the main reasons i came back to not shaving...when i had sadie, after having 2 boys, i had more to think about. i want her to...
Quote: Originally posted by mamamoo mine is more of a smell than hair thing. When my dd smells my armpit (I don't shave, or wear deoderant)she says, mmmm...mommy milk. LOL I try to tell her that is my armpit, but she doesn't believe me(she is almost 5). no no she is totally right. haven't you ever noticed that your sweat has a distinctively sweeter smell when you are lactating. my husband says he loves the smell too. i only use a deodorant when...
i totally get what you're going through. i felt like i was reading something i had written. i guess we're all more alike than we think or maybe it's just the ones here...but maybe some of the people we think don't like us are thinking we don't like them. i don't know. i have panic attacks sometimes when i have to go somewhere alone with the kids. i hardly get out anywhere unless my husband is there. i used to go to playgroups where i lived before and after a year i...
i found this thread while looking for discussions on body hair. i read one i think that made a reference to not shaving. i was wondering if anyone has any stories related to their armpit hair and their breastfeeding child. i did not until recently make a connection between the two and what they mean to the child. some background...i have shaved on and off since college...the last time i did it sort of as a bribe to get my boyfriend to stop eating chicken. so anyway,...
i'm new to this website so i hope i don't break any rules on my first time out. i wanted to talk about extended breastfeeding too and yours was the one that caught my attention. my little girl is almost 4 (in may) and she still nurses. sometimes it feels like a lot and then other times it doesn't. i've gotten only a few comments that bug me. like "are you still doing THAT?" that's my favorite and most recent (christmas day), depending on who is making the comment my...