or Connect

Posts by zubeldia

It is very sad. But honestly I'm not surprised AT ALL that there is so much hostility out there, especially amongst those in the medical system. I work at a medical school (I'm a professor) and I see so many aspiring doctors horrified by the idea of a home birth and ultimately see it as an irresponsible choice. Biomedicine is so hegemonic that it's difficult for most people to get their heads around the idea that hospital doesn't equate to 'safer', and, moreover, they...
Hi all, thanks for the good wishes and condolences. My newly turned 3 year old exclaimed that the cat had gone and she was with 'papa in the stars'. It was very touching. My dad died suddenly at Thanksgiving last year and that's how my son conceptualizes the loss. It's really lovely when he says things like that.   Undertheoak, so glad your numbers are looking good! And such great news you have your power back on... It sounds so miserable to be so hot without...
HI Guys, a very sad few days for us. Our kitty suddenly became very ill and I took her to the vet's yesterday knowing that she likely wasn't going to come home. It was so devastating. She likely had kidney failure and lost half her body weight in a very short time and then her legs completely stopped functioning. We had no real choice but to put her to sleep. Both DH and I were there. She was just letting go while at the vet's. Her little heart was  slowing down and life...
Oh goodness, Dandy, he's lovely. What a superstar, indeed. I think it's truly amazing that he's doing so well, and doing so much, given his age. It must be incredibly reassuring that he's taking milk and breathing on his own. Wow. Huge milestones already.   Hope you get to hold him for skin to skin tomorrow. We're all thinking of you and hoping that your stay goes as well as it can.   Much love to that little boy of yours.   How are YOU feeling physically?  
Oh Preg, I cannot believe it. I hope so much the perfect place shows up for you. Very sweet about your LO swaddling himself. I'm uncertain about how our DS will do.   Vegan, DS is a little like your DD. He is mummy obsessed and keeps saying, 'bye daddy', as we get into the car - hoping it's just us two! He totally loves and adores DH but, man, he won't leave me alone and I'm a little worried that he's going to be super sad. He is talking about all the baby things a...
Oh goodness, Dandy, I don't know how I missed this yesterday but congrats on your little, little guy. It's amazing how well these babies can do nowadays. I hope you're making a good recovery yourself. Sending lots of growing vibes to your sweet boy.
Boston, I worked and pumped at work. I had no supply issues AT ALL and it didn't take long. I didn't have a hands free thing (I may this time, though) and would sometimes just pump from one breast at a time so I could have my other hand free to read, browse on the computer, etc. What do you teach? (I'm a professor).   Vegan, at my last scan baby boy was facing that way and I couldn't barely feel kicks. A few days ago I was feeling super kicks and now back to the very...
Cindy, are all the classes at the big gym for free? I was wondering if you could get a sitter to come and watch your DD for an hour or so, so you dont have to give up on the pool, etc. I have to admit that I'm a complete wimp and have yet to take DS to our gym's day care, but I totally should so that I don't have to get up at some crazy hour!   Okay, I am off for a run.  
Hey Fitmamas,   time to check in! How's your week going? Mine is not off to an auspicious start, though I had a super workout yesterday. 7 miles on the elliptical - but I felt really great - followed by some weights. Today I just walked the dogs a couple of miles but I'm hoping to run tomorrow.   What are your plans and what have you been doing?
Joyofbirth, love the name Nora(h)!   Vegan, Gemma Rose is lovely.   So glad to hear of other Oscars! It's not that unusual in the UK and I do love it. We're leaning toward Xavier but honestly we have no idea. DS has been calling the baby 'Baby Charlie' (after one of his Thomas Trains), although yesterday he was calling him 'Baby Toast' (he's passionate about toast!)