or Connect

Posts by zubeldia

Hey everyone! Thanks for starting this thread... I've had a crazy week and work and honestly have felt really overwhelmed. I am really excited for the end of the semester to come. That said I am teaching an online summer class, and hopefully I'll finish up before the babe comes Anyone other working mamas ready to stop!? I'm very fortunate to have maternity leave... but, boy, am I ready for it to start soon! I'm almost 26 weeks and still vomiting at least every...
HI everyone! I just noticed a new Spring Summer vegan thread so I'll post there. But wanted to say congrats to She2dancer!! And, wow, those shake recipes sound yummy! I've been doing the following: Soy or hemp milk Hemp protein powder (I've had major protein aversions so this has helped) Half frozen banana flaxseed ice It's really good! Zubee
interesting stuff! On a workday when I teach: alarm goes off at 4:45, get up, stagger to kitchen for zofran and make breakfast and lunches for myself and DH. Eat breakfast whilst checking email, etc.. Shower and leave for work around 6ish - have a longish commute. Teach until 11 followed by office hours, gym around 2ish, home around 4:30ish, cook dinner (dh cannot cook..!), eat around 5 - sometimes throw up (thank you hypermesis. yuck), walk the dogs 2-3 miles. Collapse...
Oh, hon, I hear you. And I don't think this is a simply dietary issue. The thing with eating disorders, imo, is that they have little to do with food and everything to do with some underlying issue. I'm pretty sure that if you could simply eat 'right' then you would. From what you've described it sounds as though you have pretty significant disordered eating. I'm sure you know the dangers of this in pregnancy... and I really hope you can seek out some help. I am 32 and...
Hi everyone! How's everyone feeling? I had a run in with a rather mean spirited person this morning who made lots of comments about my weight, comparing me to another pregnant woman who is 34 weeks and apparently 'only a bit bigger than me' at 25 weeks. As soon as I got to my office I burst into tears. Ugh. Anyway, I went to the gym and burned off some crossness... Ive been timing it so I can watch an episode of Law and Order I completed around 7 miles with a couple...
Hey everyone! I'm sure you're all working out... and just too busy to do so to post here I've been pretty good this week.. I have had some energy for a change!! I felt as though I overdid it at the gym on Thursday, though. I was happily on the elliptical feeling good.. I had a quick bathroom break and meant to finish up with another mile/cool down, but all of a sudden I couldn't move a bit. It meant that I missed the last few minutes of a drama I was watching on the...
Talula - wow, this is so unbelievably helpful. THANK YOU. I think your advice about getting a few different styles is great... My sis in law is sending me over some size small covers, so that will help. A couple of other questions, if you don't mind: 1) What do you think of the bamboo fitted diapers? I see that many of them are cotton and was interested in the bamboo... 2) What about the one-size fitteds, aios, etc? Is it worth buying a few and then buying a few in...
Quote: Originally Posted by femalephish Zubee- I am in Maine and having my first in July, too! We are planning on using prefolds with Thirsties covers. (I have found they get the best reviews) We are also going to line dry until it gets too cold. If you are nervous about folding prefolds try youtube.com and search for 'prefold diapers' videos. I feel a lot better after seeing women do it than just reading! Good Luck! ps Are you near the Bowdion...
xanadumama! Thanks again... these links are super helpful... Mrs kp, wow, thank you... this helps a LOT. I think we may end up getting a dryer whatever we do. We live in the North East and while for the two of us line drying is fine, it is difficult in the winter with space, etc... However, the prefolds sound as though they may work out very well.. along with a few fitted and AIOs. Thanks, again, everyone. Zubee
Thanks so much, Levans, all of this is so helpful. I feel somewhat remedial!.. So, at the risk of sounding like an utter idiot, what is the biggest difference between AIOs and pocket diapers? Neither need a cover, right? Would love to hear your thoughts re: pros and cons of both systems... I'm going to check out the prefolds and covers you suggested.... Thank you!