or Connect

Posts by zubeldia

Hi all! We're having a difficult time thinking of names - mostly boy names. Here's the thing: we're both English, living in the States, and we need a name that will work in both countries, yet a name that is not too common! The kiddo will have a combined surname: Oliver-Campbell. We're looking, we think, for an English-y name (though we wouldn't care if we were living in the UK!!), although we're both fans of Arabic and Jewish names. I would love your ideas......
Quote: Originally Posted by penstamon Wow Cuba! That sounds like heaven right now in the middle of dark cold February. Have so much fun!: I took yesterday off except for one walk , but I did two major hikes on the weekend. I really started to fall into a routine last week, so I am going to keep it up this week too- yoga, pilates, Nia for an hour each day and 2 brisk walks. I started incorporating the exercise ball in my thesis writing too, but it...
Oh, veganmama, have a wonderful time in Cuba!!! We were considering Mexico, Spain, and Cuba... but this is out first baby and I am so overly cautious that we decided to stay in the US!! Even though Cuban healthcare is absolutely wonderful... !! Yesterday I did 60mins on the elliptical. Today was to be a day off but I don't think I'll get to workout tomorrow... so just weights this morning. That said, I may try and get to the gym before work. This might be wishful...
Before I became pregnant I will admit that I thought food cravings and aversions to be quite like excuses! I KNOW, i know!! I feel thoroughly ashamed of myself Having faced extreme aversions, though, I can attest to the fact that cravings, etc. are very real. I would not have ever imagined that I'd eat dairy whilst pregnant... but I guess that's what I had to do. No point torturing ourselves with guilt... it's bad for out little babies Zubee
Quote: Originally Posted by Grahnola Mum Hey mama zubee, Yes, I'm a Brit living in Canada How do you like the US? I love it here in Canada but I do get homesick quite a bit. With DD I craved lots of dairy and went right off soy milk for a while. I was worried about craving meat but fortunately it didn't happen. This time around it's happened a lot sooner. I know I'll get back on track pp, but it still bugs me. Oh well. DH is not much help on that...
I like it! And I certainly wouldn't make the associations with the actress. I mean, really, it's likely that most names have negative associations with someone... Zubee
Oh, please guess for us! Pictures are on my blog... http://usandpoppet.blogspot.com/ We're due July 16th. I'm 5ft 5 and dh is 6ft 1. I have very blond hair and DH is very dark... we're really curious about whose hair genes will dominant Thanks! Zubee
Quote: Originally Posted by Grahnola Mum Thanks for the welcome mamas, I am stoked to be here and it's so nice to see a lot of familiar TTC faces - : I'm having wicked cravings for chocolate, cheese and yoghurt (not together mind you!!) and not the soy varities either. I find it super hard when this happens and feel very guilty and frustrated if I indulge - does anyone else feel like this? Hi Mama, in my first trimester I did crave dairy and...
A pretty good week... Tues: 50mins elliptical and hour of prenatal yoga, Wed: weights, Thurs: 50mins elliptical. Fri: off... Sat: 45mins elliptical and strength. The 50 mins workouts were supposed to be 60mins but I got really low blood sugar and had to stop. I had eaten before working out so not sure what's going on. it happened last week, too. This morning it didn't occur.. may have something to do with what I ate. I have serious protein aversions so probably that...
thanks so much, everyone. I've been managing a bit more protein these past few days... though it so often makes me sick as can be. I EVEN have an aversion to grains like quinoa It's one of my pre-pregnancy favorites. I have had success with a high protein breakfast cereal and mostly my protein shakes have been staying down. The yeast.. .not so much. Jeepers! Beans even hidden turn my tummy.. the exception is hummus from Panera Bread. It's very odd. I keep going in there...