or Connect

Posts by zubeldia

Thanks so much for the welcome My good friend let me know about the site.. and i'm so glad she did! Pavlovs, I am indeed on the Ivillage board! I will confess that I feel more at home here!!!! Do you post on there, at all? looking forward to getting to know you are! Zubee
Hi there! I'm vegan and REALLY struggling with protein as I have major aversions to all protein sources, it seems, and every time I eat something I almost immediately vomit it up. Not good times. I EVEN, in desperation, ate some dairy produce in the hope that I could find something... Alas, no. Last night I decided to see if I could find some decent protein-shake type stuff that I could at least drink, and hopefully keep down. If you're struggling to get enough...
Im working with a trainer who specializes in prenatal fitness, and she's debunked many myths for me.. including the 20 pound one). I am very athletic (endurance sports) and my Dr. told me I could carry on as before, though I should watch the intensity and pay attention to my body's signals. From what I've read about weight training and pregnancy (there's not a lot of research on it, apparently), you should just be mindful not to hold your breath whilst lifting, but to...
DH and I are from the UK. When I was finishing up my doctoral work in the UK my dh (then boyfriend) decided to apply for a training program in Boston. I thought... 'why not go?' I was lucky to find a visiting professorship about 2 hours from Boston and we planned to stay in the States a year. It was great because we had absolutely no commitments or responsibilities in the UK. We were renting a house in Cambridge, UK and all we had to do was pack up our stuff and move it...
I am not sure if this is true, but I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that taking folic acid PRIOR to pregnancy was most important... I don't know how it's stored in the body, but other B vitamins - like B12, for instance - is stored in great quantities and it takes a long time to become deficient... I am worried about the same thing because I, too, have been very sick. I'm not sure if I was even tested to check the status of it (I.m 14 weeks pregnant) but I'm holding...
Hi there, I think you can see the early signs of a gestational sac around 4.5-5 weeks. After that you can see the yolk sac (inside of the gestational sac) around 5-5.5 weeks, and a fetal pole soon after. A heartbeat can often be detected at 6 weeks via tansvaginal ultrasound... So, if you're 7 weeks pregnant you should be able to see that little heart beating fllcker Good luck! Zubee
Hi there! I was very happy to find this bulletin board! I'm Alex (Zubee), living in Southern Maine (though I'm English), and I'm 14 weeks pregnant today. My due date is July 16th and I'm just so happy about it! I'm 32, and have been with dh for close to 15 years, married for 7 of those. I've been contending with some pretty horrible all day nausea and vomiting and eventually relented and am taking meds after landing in the ER with dehydration. Alas, the sickness is...
Oh, I'm so sorry... You're in my thoughts. Take good care. Zubee
Hi there! before pregnancy I was sculling (rowing), road and mountain biking, playing tennis, and more.. at least 6 days a week - sometimes I'd do two activities a day! Alas... severe morning sickness and fatigue meant that from 6 weeks on I've done barely nothing. Last week I started to feel a little bit better and joined a gym. I am SO out of shape, already. It's a bit depressing, but I've completely changed the activities I'm doing as I stress fractured a rib rowing...
Hi there! I'm new, too... and also from Maine Zubee