or Connect

Posts by RootsAndMarigolds

I was a single mama too for the first 4 years. I used to pretend to tie an invisible string around their wrists and to mine- that actually worked for one of my kids, it never took off with the other. It was just so they felt that we were still connected. Maybe if you reward him for staying in bed you can peek in every ten mins at first, then 15, and so on. You absolutely need your time, no doubt! So, there has to be some limits that you draw- and that will help him to...
Breathing now- thanks for the reminder! I am so happy that his wound is healing up very quickly and nicely- like its no big deal. Kids are so amazing. Im giving him vit C and just keeping an eye on him. Thanks for clearing up info on the TIG- it is those details we need to know if we do end up in the ER. You cant just trust blindly. I am feeling better after a few days of researching and reading input here. Its been a while that i've been chilling out with no crisis'...
i am worried a bit, just the thought of my little guy getting so sick of course. Im just trying to trust my gut here, and while i'm not 100% clear on what it's saying these days, i'ts always said NO to vaccines. So, I thank you for your replies, and i keep researching. I am also giving praise and thanks for his health and fabulous immune system. From what i read, Vit C can help and even with the vacc. the chances of getting it are about the same. I'm just reading many...
I waited until my bf babe was over one to have them pulled, he wasn't exclusively bf-ing and then i didnt need any codeine, just some ibuprofen. I avoid pharmaceuticals, so i didnt feel bad sharing that little bit of med with him thru the milk just once (once in a while). Ya know what i mean? If you can wait i totally would because their little livers and kidneys are just so tiny-
My non-vaccinated son stepped on what appears to be a rusty rake behind the neighbors shed yesterday, about 12 hrs ago. It bled a good deal, but we didnt force it, just soaked it and then cleaned it a bit, bandaged it. It still appears kind of dirty, but is on a super sensitive part of his foot so we cant really dig around in there. Of course there was a lady there who insisted tetanus was absolutely neccasary and i thought, yea it must be a good idea. Now i'm really...
ok, i had to answer my own question- it was pertussis otherwise known as whooping cough.. anyway, hope the babe is better soon. Peace
yea, my memory is shot. is there a vax for something like that and am i just mixing it up with croup? or i guess the misdiagnosis was mainly my point. thanks!
Been there! but like all things that you've probably exp. in your life so far, a realization appears and then the solution will manifest. Just give it some time and you and what/whomever you trust to provide will make the change evolve!! We 5 live in really small house, but it works and its home. Can you camp in a beautiful place, state or nat'l forest till you find something suitable? Blessings to your family!
Hi worried mama, i would be too, i have been to doc with my kids who had a cough for so long, when he heard they are unvaxed he immediately said its croup- which it wasn't and proved to be an allergy after we replaced their pillows.. maybe you should start doing whatever natural therapies you can learn about for mumps in the meantime? I guess that's what i would do. Also found that apple cider vinegar really lowers fevers, esp. if you chant and splash the water all over...
Hi everybody! I am thinking of purchasing an Enki curriculum for K and for 3rd grade. I had the opportunity to review an Oak Meadow cirr. at a friends house, and it made things so much more clear. I'd love to view an Enki cirr. for the same reason. I live in south jersey, so anybody nearby willing to let me take a peek? Also, if you are familiar the two aforementioned curriculums and want to offer any input or advice, feel free! Thank you!!