or Connect

Posts by Kyyrah

Quote: Originally Posted by mamarootoo *raises hand* except DD would take a 30 min nap during the day 5 or so times a week, and didn't start sleeping in stretches longer than 45-60 minutes at night till she was 18 months old i know it's hard, and i don't blame you for looking for a solution that didn't involve being a pacifier most mama's start solids by 11 months, which is technically the start of the weaning process. give yourself a...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Nope. Sorry. You can offer bottles to a 4 month old too with the same argument. If you're offering bottles full of milk, when mom is available, with milk, you're weaning. I think you technically have a point there but at the same time a 15 month old is a bit different than a 4 month old. A 15 month old is almost positively showing all the readiness signs for solids, while it is doubtful that a typical 4...
I don't want to go off on a tangent here, but I don't really and truly see the difference between offering a bottle of goat's milk and offering a sippie of water or offering a banana. All of them are technically "others" than breastmilk, and thus a part of weaning. But, imo, a baby could have a bottle of milk *in addition* to nursing instead of trying to replace a nursing session. (Not quite what the OP was talking about.) For example, my DD likes to try some of her...
I know the feeling. Grocery time is special "just us" time with my baby boy. Actually, so is going to the Y. And the post office. I alternate thrift stores between the two of them. Now that my girlie is older, though, I suppose I should start taking her places too more often. (My kids aren't twins; they are 10 months apart.) But she doesn't mind staying at home, and DS will freak out if I leave, wanting to come along...
nak I think you handled the situation perfectly. eta: I've nursed at restaurants tons of times. I don't think anyone ever noticed. I'm almost eager to get a dirty look; I never seem to get them, and I kind of feel like I'm missing out! (Tongue in cheek...)
At what age would you consider leaving your children at home, then?
My DS was like you describe. I actually had to sit on the floor with him and "pin" his arms with my two legs. Not putting a lot of weight on them, mind, just getting him to stay in one place. Then I switched the diaper as fast as humanly possible, and just readied myself for lots of kicking. The phase only lasted a few months; he is just fine now. My DD is also a squirmy bug now but she's tiny so she's no fuss at all to handle.
Instead of trying to tell you what to do, let me tell you what we're doing... Our DS is 2 and DD will be 1 shortly. She still sleeps with us; DS has his own room. DD will have her own room in March, when we finish the basement and move our office stuff down from the third bedroom. We are probably going to be pretty fluid with sleeping arrangements. There will be two sleeping areas in each of the kid's bedrooms. One regular bed for both of them and another...
I don't see how you can call yourself a bad mama if your kiddo is happy and healthy.
I believe that you get a moment of awareness at the moment of your death and you see your actions as they affected others, and in perspective, so that you can't ignore or justify things from yourself. Depending on how you lived your life, you will either be at peace or consumed by guilt. If you do "bad" stuff in your life but make regret it and make amends for it in life they won't... "count against you" at the moment of truth. I like the Jewish custom of setting...