or Connect

Posts by Ydolem

Is there a way to pull a failing student from school to home school with only a few days left in the year to avoid repeating the grade?
These are great photos!!!  Beautiful Mamas with beautiful babies!! Thank you so much for sharing!! Can't wait to see more.  
Mamainthedesert, Thank you for trying to get some answers for me!!! It is appreciated!!
I have been away waaayyyy too long! Thank you for all the responses!!! Sounds like all of you have had to pay quite a lot for some wells. Sad such it is such a necessity really. We have decided to move back to a location we are familiar with. Okanogan County WA. The winters are mild and we will be looking at 300 days of sunshine. YAY! Land is very reasonable and beautiful!! Here is a link to some properties.   Finding that wells in that area are running 250 to 400...
Mnnice and Kitchensqueen,   I used to live in LaCrosse, WI. So the Westby, LaFarge, Viroqua area is very well known to me. BEAUTIFUL AREA!!! Very good farmland. Viroqua is a very organic, alternative medicine, friendly place to start a home. My midwife lived in that town. I made many regular trips there.  
We lived in Oroville, WA a few years ago (2010) and since have relocated. We are planning to possibly move back and ironically enough do the same thing you are except living our yurt while we build a cob hybrid home either outside of Oroville or preferably Tonasket. I was wondering if you achieved your goal yet. I hope to hear from you soon. Take care~~Melody
I was worried that this might be hopeless...   I had no idea how much it could cost for a well!!  WOW. How far down did you have to go? How much was it per foot?? How do you have it coming to the house? Is that cost included in your total? I was told by a real estate agent from MT that it averages from 2,000 to 10,000 not including septic. I did plan on paying that at some point. The extra 1500 was going to be more for having someone check to see how far water was...
We are looking to buy a few acres. I have been told by several real estate agents that it is near to impossible to buy just an acre or two in the country. This really puts a hold on our plans. We have a few states that we are looking into but have only about 5,000 to spend. Could go up to 6,500 but really need the other money to get a well drilled. I am feeling quite disappointed. :( Any happy stories to share to cheer me up? :)
    Thank you for your response. I would love to know how your cob home is keeping up with the cold. How much snow do you get? Probably just rain mostly in that region. I am going to have to look into the wood chip clay infill??? We are looking to build one in Northern Montana and are a bit worried about how to keep it insulated. I have not found too much on insulating cob homes online. Our winters are going to be very cold. Also, I was hoping you might share how you...
I know this post was originally started a year ago but I just read this a few days ago and when I saw this book online tonight I thought of you. Please let us know if you have decided to have a go at it. http://www.amazon.com/Off-The-Grid-Over-Hill/dp/1466209372/ref=sr_1_44?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333346505&sr=1-44