or Connect

Posts by Ydolem

:)
Thank you for all of the helpful suggestions!! I feel that I have such a better grasp on where to start.SweetSilver~~  Thank you for taking so much of your time helping me and giving me so much to think about!!  <3  And, BTW Brambleberry, I just looked at your pics and they are beautiful. I remember seeing your photo of you pregnant with the soundproof headphones on in another thread and thinking how funny that was!! Thanks for sharing so much.   I think we need to...
Thank you for your quick response and suggestions for educating ourselves. :) Also, sorry about the caps. I tend to type in all caps due to my 3 year old and his nursing gymnastic.It leaves me with only one hand to type with and I am terrible at hitting the shift key with one hand. LOL We are not looking to build one in Florida. We have lived in OR, CA, WA, KS, WI and IL as well and are looking to relocate back to the Northwest possibly. So glad to hear that it will not...
We are looking at purchasing some land (first timers) and possibly building a cob home on it. We are excited about using the resources on the property to make our low-cost home. :) I was thinking that we may have to find land where the soil is rich in clay. Can anyone tell me if this is correct? If so, are there places better than others to look? I am just starting to learn how to plan this. There seem to be plenty or websites and books devoted to this art but there is...
I just LOVE hearing and reading women's birth stories and seeing birth pics. Especially the babies first pic. I would love to start a thread where you could view them. I will start with my son Oceans first pic. He was born at an incredible birthing center in Topeka Kansas after 7 1/2 hours of labor. He is my 4th child. He was also born after 42 weeks. :) Please feel free to add some info about your birth! Can't wait to see all of these great baby pics!!
I just posted something extremely similar but I am looking to wean for sure. I started my thread somewhere else and it was moved here to be in a more helpful location. I am going to keep track of your thread. Ocean will also be 3 in June but has a delay in his language. He is starting to speak more and more these past few months but I am not sure exactly how much he is understanding. So, explaining to wait or any other excuse to delay a feeding or stop is not an option....
My son is almost 3 and I feel like I would like to start the weaning process. It is not because he is almost 3. Ocean is my 4th child and I have almost always breastfed until toddler-hood. I even breastfed thru a pregnancy and tandem nursed for almost a year. I am just not enjoying it as much anymore and I feel that I am putting that frustration out there and I do not like the idea of it affecting him. He is a 24/7 nurser. And demands it.I feel like we argue about it and...
I recently went from full-time, 40 hrs a week, to being a stay at home mom again.YAY!! We also moved to a different state at the same time. Major changes right? I was nursing Ocean (2 years and 7 months old)  in the evenings and weekends. He was at home with Dad eating food just fine. We moved and it was quite hard on him. He was hitting himself in the head when he would meet someone new or getting angry. It has subsided quite a bit now that he is settled. He is quite...
I am going to tell you that I am a bit worried because I am not an amazing writer as some of these creative mothers are. I will just begin by telling you that it just feels...natural. I have 4 children and have always carried them. It have pleased both mother and child to be so close. There are vast paybacks for wearing your child.   I discovered many immediate benefits like accessible nursing, not having to tote around a stroller, bonding with Daddy, providing a...
We are moving to Homosassa, Florida to live near my in-laws. I have never been there. Could anyone give me their honest impression of the area. And, what beaches do we use? I have 3 kids and am looking forward to taking them to the beach. Thank you for all your help!! :)  ~~Melody