or Connect

Posts by Ydolem

Since I became a new mother again last year after 8 years I have been obsessed with making things for my newest addition. I have been loving it so much that I have decided to open a new Etsy shop with items for baby and later toys for children. My approach is modern style and designer fabrics mixed with natural toys. So far I have shoes, fabric pacifier clips, hand-dyes onsies with fabric iron ons and quilted bibs. My problem is that when I think of a great name it is...
Thanks Abraisme! Looked at some rentals in Lake Oswego. Not very many available on the few sites I looked at real quick. A bit pricier too. But it sounds worth it if the schools are as great as you say. What do you mama's do at the AP meet-ups? Thanks for the invite!!
Alright! Finally back! Thanks for all the replies!!! Between baby and being drawn to my sewing machine during EVERY nap I am back online. Let me see....as far as a job. I have worked customer service jobs forever..phone company call center, taking calls for a graduation announcement company and receptionist jobs. My husband runs a restauraunt now and is an AMAZING and entertaining bartender!! As far as in or out of the city? We don't mind. We are looking forward to the...
Not at all. Besides, if the names were similiar like if they started with the same letter, I would call out the wrong name everytime they were in trouble! hahaha "Lucy, Laura, I mean Lidsay. Pick up your room!!!" heehee
Greetings!! My family and I currently live in north central Washington and are moving to Portland December 1st. This is a totally blind move! We have never been to Portland. We have been to several areas of Oregon in the past and are in love. We have researched and heard enough to know that this town is for us. I will admit we are nervous. We are bringing our tribe of 6 and are concerned about finding a home to rent online without seeing the neighborhood. So, I would like...
My daughter has two middle names. Autumn Trinity Ambrosia. Who says you can't do both?? Mason Andrew Lee. I think it flows nice! It would be a mistake to ignore your dream. And there is no reason that you can't still use Lee. What do you think?
My son is 16 months now and has been slapping, pulling hair and throwing things at us for a while now. I feel your pain. It seems to be pretty natural. We just keep up the "Please don't" with a serious look on our face while holding his hand that he hit with.I guess we are just waiting it out with as much patience as possible. I get frustrated sometimes too and want to raise my voice as well but we just keep it serious and sometimes will sit him down after. Like I used to...
I have decided to have a go at homeschooling my daughter with is starting 7th grade. I do not know where to start. I have a few books on homeschooling but still feel confused on what books. I am not looking for a religious based educational approach. Where is a good place to look for books and could I get some of your suggestions for types of schedules?? I am not looking for a full school day type of schedule either but she does need structure. Any and all advise is...
Wow, 60 some views no replies.......guess it's common......ds has quit biting anyhow.
How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk and Liberated Parents Liberated Children both by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish Our Babies, Ourselves and KIDS (both by Meredith Small) & Nurtureshock have all been suggested to me. I am currently reading the first two......good luck!