or Connect

Posts by evinmom

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good ped ENT in or near Montgomery County. I am looking for someone who is familiar with tongue-ties. TIA,
dantesmama - That sounds like a very difficult situation. : Cloudbutterfly - I'm dealing with similar breastfeeding issues. The only way I can get Everett to eat these days is in bed with no one else in the room. Otherwise, he's really fussy and doesn't eat much. It's not easy with my 4 year old also needing my attention. Thankfully, the 7 year old can manage without me most of the day. Although of course I have mother guilt. I remember that my DD went through many...
Quote: Originally Posted by justmandy So far I've made granola, then granola bars, several chicken breasts which I shred and freeze and then put the bones and stuff in the crock pot for broth, vegan oatmeal cookies, pancake batter, garbanzo beans, sour dough starter, dough for pita bread and started bean sprouts and cottage cheese. We've been reading Little House, Ma Ingles is my hero. I ordered a meat grinder today so I can make my own sausage...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand I wished we all lived nearby. I will try to meet some local MDCers. There is a moms group that I got involved with a while back, but they all have cars and it was winter and trudging around in the cold was hard. They all seem to have these super easy babies and do things very differently than me. But some of them are nice and I don't need friends who are all just like me. That would be sort of boring. As long as I...
Quote: Originally Posted by doclegs As an aside.... so the nutritional yeast was ok. Where can I get the Red Star stuff? Is it just regular yeast? The stuff I got at Whole Foods was expensive but flaky and probably will be good on a lot of stuff. Which brand did you get? I've tried a couple before finding Red Star that were pretty gross. One brand I really think is gross is the 365 Whole Foods brand. Who knew that nutritional yeast can vary in...
Based on the fact that so many of our babies are doing this at the same time, I'm chalking it up to a common developmental milestone.
Everett has been doing that a lot lately. Even when he is not hungry. If I try to nurse him he gets upset and clamps down with his gums (ouch!). I don't think he's teething yet though. That would be totally weird. My oldest was textbook and got his first teeth at 6 months. It took DD 8.5 months to get her first. I'm not expecting Everett to get teeth until at least 6 months, and I don't remember either of the other two fisting it all the time when not hungry at any age. I...
Everett has been up fussing off and on since 7:30am. He finally went down for a nap 10 minutes ago. Then just 2 minutes ago, DS1 and DD come running out of the playroom screaming/screeching at the top of their lungs. DD screams like a banshee. Now Everett is up fussing again. I have a headache. Somedays I wish they were in school.
Mana - If you want to avoid all cross contamination, I suggest you make all of your own mixed seasonings/spices as well. A lot of those contain soy or corn. I've been making a lot of curry, jerk, and mexican seasonings from scratch because of the soy problem. about your friends. I don't think people who do not have children can possibly understand. After DD was born, I went MIA for 2 years due to severe PPD. I got a couple of calls that I just could not find the time...
Quote: Originally Posted by doclegs I have not, but I will now! I bet I can get it at Whole Foods, and we're heading there today anyway. Thank you for the tip The best tasting nutritional yeast is Red Star. It is kinda expensive at Whole Foods. If you end up liking it, I suggest buying bulk online. You can get several pounds of it at once. A vegan friend of mine uses it in everything and goes through 5 lbs every couple of months. I bought 5 lbs...