or Connect

Posts by ememers

Well, to make a long story short, I'm no longer pregnant.  My water broke on Oct 10 when I was 22 weeks along, after about 3 weeks on bedrest.  The doctors first told us there was nothing they could do, but then they reviewed my previous sonograms (of which I had many, since we were expecting twins) and decided that the babies might be closer to 23-24 weeks and they pulled out all the stops trying to delay labor.  We held on for 7 days before real labor kicked in, at which...
I have had some contractions, but neither of the times when I went to labor & delivery did they pick up any on the monitor.  I'm keeping a closer eye on it at home now, but since there's not a lot they can really do at this point, I'm just taking it as easy as possible at home.  No real explanation as to why my cervix is shortening, possibly I just have a weak cervix, maybe because I have a tilted uterus, maybe the weight/stress of twins is proving challenging.  Just...
Both of mine have mostly been head down the past few times I've seen them (I've had some complications and about a sono per week the past month). But they can definitely still move and flip at this point so I'm not assuming they'll stay that way, though that would be good. Congrats on two girls! Are they di/di? I had an appt today, cervical sono showed my cervix is shortening. So bed rest continues. The docs keep reminding me that before 24 weeks they won't try to save...
I've been knitting a fair amount but it seems to make my back sore by the end of the day.... not sure if it's because I'm always at least semi-reclined or what.  But small bouts of knitting during the day is good.  And now that fall TV is coming back I guess I'll probably start watching some of that (I'm not a big TV watcher normally, any good shows to recommend?).  I had planned to organize photos into photo books but for some reason I'm having a hard time getting...
As of this week I'm on modified bed rest. I went in last week having weird pains, probably round ligament pain but intense enough to make me worried about them, as well as some shooting pains deep in my pelvis. Not sure if you can really feel your cervix, but it sure felt like my cervix was hurting. Anyway, after several sonograms (internal and external) both babies look great but there was some concerns about my cervix being up to snuff. It's still long, but somewhat...
Just had our anatomy ultrasound.  I am currently just shy of 19 weeks and both babies were measuring around 20 weeks.  I was super rushed at the end and didn't hear the estimated weights, but I have a follow-up appointment tomorrow and will ask more questions then.  The sonogram took 2 hours and I was late to pick up my older DS at preschool, so I just had to get the highlights and get out of there!  Things look good for both babies, definitely each have their own placenta...
Names are so hard!  My older DS is Anders, his middle name is my maiden name.  We had a short list of names when he was born and threw them all out once we met him, none of them seemed to fit.  I imagine we'll do the short list this time around as well, hopefully we won't have to go back to the drawing board after delivery like last time!     We are debating whether to stick with the Scandinavian theme (my heritage, not my husband's, but he is a mutt and doesn't have...
Fun that there are so many of us in this DDC!  Our due date is Feb 14, 2014 as well, but I've been telling people that they are due "January-ish".  My son had the same due date and he was born early on Dec 24, so I'm hoping to go longer with this set.  But carrying twins and having a history of preterm labor has me fairly scared.... just hoping to keep them baking as long as possible.  
So fun to see all the projects!  Our local yarn store went out of business a couple months ago and I stocked up on a ton of yarn that will be great for baby projects, some wool for diaper covers (I've only done shorties so far, will have to try some longies) and some soft cashmere for hats and booties and maybe a sweater or two.  I bought more "boy" yarn than "girl" yarn just on intuition, and it turns out that was a good call because I'm having two boys!  :)  Will try to...
Jinxymama, at my last appointment I was 15.5 weeks and measured around 22-23 weeks.  Not sure how far ahead I'm measuring now.  My midwife said that subsequent pregnancies often measure big, but I was "bigger than big".  :)