or Connect

Posts by jacie87

I haven't read all the responses so if this is currently OT I apologize, but I'm replying to the original post. I don't believe in "hell" the way most Christians understand it. My understanding of "hell" is that it is the grave. There's evidence in the bible that people are still in the grave, which would mean neither heaven nor hell according to mainstream understanding. John 3:13: "No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son...
I think 3 is small I am the oldest of 2, though my mom always wanted a 3rd child. It was normal for us to not have more children in the family and didn't seem "small" to me, it just felt normal. Most of my friends came from families with only 1 or 2 children. However, I always thought that when it came time to have kids of my own, I wanted at least 3. Most of the guys I have been attracted to were the youngest or 2nd youngest of 5-6 kids. DH is #4 out of 5, with the...
Did I misread, or did you say it's been a week since you wrote him? If it's only been a week then I would wait a while longer. Sometimes it can take 3 or more days for a letter to arrive, especially if they're across the country, and not everyone responds to mail as they read it, or even checks their mail every day. We check our mail about twice a week and it usually takes me a week or so to respond to anyone if needed. And, some people just aren't letter writers. So, be...
I can relate. It wasn't until 5 or 6 months along that I started getting excited about having another child. I always wanted 3 or 4, but it's comfortable having just one and having two really scared me. We'd even been trying for pregnancy and talking about it for months, but then when it happened it was way overwhelming and I wondered if we'd made the right decision for a long time.
I keep talking about our next kid and this one isn't even here yet. I know I want a 3rd child and very likely a 4th. Preferably I would like the next one to be 3 years younger than this one, but we probably won't use any birth control (we never really have....) so who knows when it will happen.
evinmom, i am so sorry! that's horrible. I would have stopped answering the door. the grandparents had their chance to "hog" and feed the baby when it was their own kid. It's more important for you, the parent, to spend extra time with baby. I have a really hard time saying "no" to anyone, especially MIL, but if that was going on I'd just lock the door and ignore it if/when they show up and not answer the calls. May seem rude, but it's more rude IMO for someone else to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirsten Not in your ddc; saw under new posts. I think in the example above, MIL is clearly in the wrong to "surprise" drop in during labor!!! But... are we really saying it is reasonable to ask the baby's gramma to wait a month and a half to even have a brief visit? For those that say it is reasonable - will you agree when it is your son and daughter-in-law telling you to stay away for that long? I won't mind at...
Quote: Originally Posted by thelocaldialect I think 6 weeks is a bit much to keep grandparent away for though -- did your MIL get to see the baby at all before that? It seems that SIL turning MIL away at the door probably caused more stress and drama than just letting her in for a short visit would have? I guess it depends on the nature of the relationships and the nature of the visit though. SIL had a 5 day labor (planned homebirth) and ended...
Anyone have some good tips on getting a toddler to keep gloves on?
I didn't have any warning. I was making the bed and suddenly felt a gush of liquid come out. I kind of just stopped what I was doing and stood there for a while. It wasn't very much but a second gush came a few minutes later and that's when I was like "I think my water just broke." I put a pad on and went about my day. I didn't start having contractions until about 6 hours later and the liquid never got to be so much that it affected the dryness of my pants.