or Connect

Posts by BallardBaby

It is definitely exciting and sad. Especially then it is so final. Just a few days ago a neighbor told me she might try for a fourth and I felt a rush of excitement, thinking that I might try for a fourth, then a sudden realization that hubby is sterile now, then a jolting reality check: girl what are you thinking?? You don't want to be pregnant again !! This all happened in less than a second. But I think there will always be part of me that wants a zillion babies. And...
Yay!! I am excited for you!
Yep, it was scapel- fee and needle-free, performed by Charles Wilson aka "Dr. Snip" at Seattle's The Vasectomy Clinic. There was a feeling of a slight rubber-band snap at the very beginning when the jet-puffer applied the anesthetic. Then nothing at all. I watched the whole thing. It was so minor you wouldn't believe it. Hubby said getting his flu shot was way more traumatic :)!
That gives me hope!! I'm still on the knitting only stage--no purling, no patterns. But I'm making lots of cute little blankies for my girls and their dollies.
Well, the v went off without a hitch! Surgery took five minutes, was completely painless, and hubby wasn't even sore afterward. It's pretty amazing. It was hard having to let him "recover" all weekend and not being able to lift anything for a week so I'm glad we did it now, when I can still force myself to do the heavy lifting, and not in a few months, when I could really hurt something. There were two other couples in the waiting room of the clinic with newborns with...
Dang it. I've been having this, too. Don't remember it from previous pregnancies, but at least it's not at the severity level you describe OneSerenity. Thanks for the excellent resources, ladies!
Finally!! I've been wanting to post in this thread all day but this damn beer ad was in my way and I couldn't minimize. My hubby is getting his V tomorrow morning!! Yay!! The big day is finally here. I've had a terrible two weeks with back to back flus with my girls and me being up during the night taking care of them and lifting them and this old pregnant bod is just aching and miserable. Not excited that hubby will be out of commission in the lifting department for the...
Oh I am so glad we are all talking about this today!   I had a rough night, too. My girls had a tummy bug last week and I was up catching barf a few nights so I thought I was in the clear last night but then my toddler was up 4 a.m. to 6 a.m. last night with a croupy cough. But when I got her she had wet her bed and was soaked and cold so I don't know if that was the culprit, poor dear. She felt great today and I even let her go to her dance class with her grandma...
I'm curious about this too. Had 12 hours active labor with. #1, 45 mins pushing. Second baby was less than two hours from first contraction to baby nursing on my chest-- I woke up in transition and was throwing up the very second contraction. It was intense!! I'm preg with #3 and curious...my MW said #3 is the wildcard. That most women do have a quick labor with #2 and usually that's their fastest. I have my fingers crossed for a 4-6 hour labor this time. That sounds...
That was so beautiful and intense!! You know, I think I'm getting more ready . And I loved the way the midwives cared for her right alongside her parents, too. Scary but affirming too, for me. I can't believe I get to do this again!! Feeling very blessed!! P.S. Definitely wanna get pics and video this time too! I have nothing from my other births! Now if only I could figure out how this mama stayed so gorgeous the whole time .