or Connect

Posts by Ktietje85

Try magnesium.  It can calm nerves, give energy, prevent morning sickness, help SPD and -- weight loss.   I was severely mag deficient (but didn't know at the time) with my third pregnancy.  Had the worst morning sickness, energy, pain of any of them, hardest labor of the two home births (though quick) and never really lost the weight.  I had gained 30 lbs. and lost about 20 of it quickly then just never lost the rest no matter what I did.  (Not cool because my...
That is typically a magnesium deficiency.  I experience this if I skip using my mag for a day, but otherwise I have no issues.  I use a homemade magnesium chloride lotion and as I have gotten further along, I have needed more and more.  I am past 38 weeks now and as long as I keep up with it I have good energy, no sleep troubles, no issues at all.  You need a LOT in the weeks before and after birth.  It also can get rid of morning sickness.  It is essential.
I am already 37.5 weeks pregnant with my fourth.  I have been SO sure that I was only having one baby (after suspecting my third was a twin for months -- he wasn't -- but he was a lot bigger than my previous two).  Until a couple nights ago.   I have literally had NO symptoms of twins.  I have only gained about 15 lbs., measuring right on, not extra sick, don't look that big (I do tend to carry small though and I am bigger than before).  No indication...
Well, now I just have to ask....   In the WHO's position paper on rotavirus, there is a study they cite.  It shows that the vaccine has a 95%+ "efficacy" rate in the U.S. (where rotavirus is not epidemic and rarely serious) but less than 50% "efficacy" rate in Malaysia, where it IS epidemic.  They don't seem to understand that since the same vaccine was used, the vaccine itself is not the variable.  There cannot be different "efficacy" rates for the exact same...
Umm, on the worst days, I just turn the TV on.  Soon enough (I'm starting to feel better), I'll turn it off and we'll go out and do stuff again.  I also print them coloring sheets a lot (3 per day per kid) and they like to color.  Legos hold their attention for a good while, maybe an hour or more.  I have snacks around they can get themselves.  I tend to have healthy, homemade cake and ice cream around a lot.  (Cake = almond flour, sucanat, lots of eggs, no frosting.)...
how is everyone doing?  It's been a rough week here.  The baby (who turns 1 this weekend) went through some teething, growth spurt, and then got a cold and is STILL not back to sleeping the way he was.  I have started to just lay him on the bed next to my husband and go sleep somewhere else when he will not settle for me in the middle of the night.  He will lay down next to Daddy and sleep soundly, even while he kicks me and squirms non-stop.  So realistically we all...
We are also expecting baby #4.   My BIL's sister is having her 6th any day now so this isn't unheard of.  When we announced we were expecting #2 it was "Oh" from them.  #3, not sure.  #4, definitely no reaction.  It's so annoying.  When they announced #2, my other SIL cried for 10 minutes.  In public.  She doesn't say anything about my babies.   My mom said "Well, it's your life, you have to deal with it."   My FIL said, "Don't you know how this happens?  You...
We told ours almost right away and said "There's a baby in Mommy's tummy!"  The older two (4.5 and 3) immediately demanded to see it.  They remember their brother being born about a year ago so they understand what we're doing.  I explained/reminded them that the baby is very small and has to grow big before it can come out.  Then I explained how big it was based on something they would understand -- a grain of rice, a blueberry, etc.  My kids are really into watching...
Here is a link: http://www.modernalternativemama.com/blog/2012/01/23/monday-health-wellness-herbal-multivitamin-tincture/
I HAVE to tell you all this.  I've sort of mentioned it on another thread but I want to make sure you all see it, especially those struggling with morning sickness.   I struggled with morning sickness with babies #1 - #3.  Especially #3.  I had tons of food aversions and hated food in general at least through 10 weeks, and was nauseous and actually threw up with baby #1 and #3 once each.  Not exactly fun.   But.   I started taking a liquid herbal multivitamin...