or Connect

Posts by Ktietje85

I have been co-sleeping part time with my newborn son since he was born (at home). He sleeps in his bassinet next to me until he wakes to eat, then he sleeps in my arms the rest of the night. The thing is, for the past few days he's been a really restless sleeper. He wakes up often (as I don't check the clock I'm not sure if it's every 10 min. or every 30 min.), and he squirms a bunch and makes noises. I keep thinking he must need something, but he won't latch back on,...
I've co-slept part time with my newborn since day 1. He was born at home so this was easy. He sleeps in his bassinet next to me from "bedtime" (11ish) until he wakes for the first time to eat (anywhere between 3 and 6). Then he is in bed with me for the rest of the night. I just cuddle him in one arm or the other usually. It works fine, we don't have any problems with it really. We don't feel the need for any "products" at all.
Quote: Originally Posted by shannon_na_gig Heya ladies, I'm close to my due date and had a series of pretty painful contractions for an hour or so last week that really shocked me (I don't know why I was so surprised that it hurt). All of a sudden I'm like.. oh my gosh, I don't know if I've prepped enough! Can I handle this? I have been planning on feeling into my body and trying to give it what it needs. I know there is no "right way" to give...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ktietje85 Don't worry about it. Prepare yourself well, and then just go with what you feel. You will have to see how it happens at the time but MOST women transfer because they are exhausted. They don't sleep and therefore they transfer just so they can rest and deal with the pain. I do know how you feel...and I was terrified too. I had to go to the hospital around 37 weeks when I fainted. I realized then if I had to go...
Just had my home birth this morning.... I got a kiddie aquarium pool for only $30. It is 22" deep (I don't think we had it that full, we filled it up to the top of the second ring) and has flexible sides. I really liked it. In fact, I made no progress until I got in it, then went from 4 cm - 10 cm and baby in my arms in about 2 hours. The sides being flexible allowed me to lean back and put my weight on it, but it kind of melted to my shape too. The water...
Baby is here! Daniel arrived this morning at 9:54 am. He was 7 lb. 5 oz. and 20" (almost the exact same size as his older sister, who was 7 lb. 6 oz. at birth). I will post the birth story a bit later. But, yes, we stayed home and are home now!
I am in labor now and trying to keep my mind off it while I can. It's so different from my first labor so far. I'm 38.5 weeks. I had my first baby at 39 weeks and 1 day and was expecting this one a bit early too. Monday I was just feeling tired and annoyed and a little sore. The baby's been dropped and "ready" since last Tuesday, and I've been losing the mucus plug too. Tuesday I was getting REALLY sore and crampy but nothing much happening. Just really annoyed...
Don't worry about it. Prepare yourself well, and then just go with what you feel. You will have to see how it happens at the time but MOST women transfer because they are exhausted. They don't sleep and therefore they transfer just so they can rest and deal with the pain. I do know how you feel...and I was terrified too. I had to go to the hospital around 37 weeks when I fainted. I realized then if I had to go I would hate it and I would just not want to do this at...
I know I shouldn't be impatient as I will be 38 weeks on Sunday. But I've been having signs of labor since Tuesday night!! Tues. night I was very sleepy and took a nap around 5. At that point I happened to check myself (midwife taught me how) and my cervix seemed to be 70% or so effaced and the baby was low enough that I could feel his head. At 10 PM I was more like 90 - 95% effaced and could easily feel his head...took me a min. to even find the cervix. I thought...
We haven't told everyone either.... BIL's sister had a baby who died in a home birth last year, and a baby with a heart defect this year (also home birth). Both situations were unavoidable and would have occurred anywhere, but of course he's mainstream and blames the home birth. So they don't know. Unless they checked Facebook recently because I announced it there...LOL. Be prepared though. People might not be negative when they come see you, but you will hear a lot...