or Connect

Posts by Ktietje85

Try to relax. Your baby will come when s/he is ready. 36 - 44 weeks is normal. You could try some evening primrose oil (on your cervix) or eating fresh pineapple, kiwi, etc. It won't work unless your baby is ready. I was thinking something more helpful but DD distracted me so I don't remember. Oh yeah -- chiropractor, if you haven't seen one. If you're ready it could put you into labor and make your labor shorter and more comfortable; if you're not ready it will...
It is very likely that your "failure to progress" last time was caused by stress/psychological reasons and would not occur at home. So that definitely wouldn't risk you out. The rest, your best bet is to interview different midwives, like others suggested. If your conditions are all well-controlled (and really, your midwives might be able to help you with herbs and etc.) then I don't think you would be risked out. Can't hurt to try!
It sounds like your midwife as very unprofessional. I'm so sorry that happened. Keep focusing on your baby girl, in a few more days your hormones will level out and everything will seem a bit better. I cried a lot for the first week or so. You will always be unhappy about this birth experience, but once you feel better, start planning for how to make it better next time and know that having a healthy, happy baby is worth it. You might also want to write your midwife...
I haven't had my home birth yet so I can't say from my own experience about transfers, but I know many people who have had successful home births. www.choicemidwives.org That's my midwives and they have many successful stories on their website, including one of my friend's (Cameron's birth). Their transfer rate is incredibly low, maybe 3 - 5%? And usually, as someone else mentioned, it's for exhaustion and not an emergency. So rest a lot before birth!! I really...
Do you have any close friends who could possibly be there? That's what we are doing. Our friend is very curious about home birth (and just found out she's pregnant!) and we trust her so we have asked her to be there for DD. We would never have any family members because they aren't exactly un-supportive but they don't really "get" it either. Plus any time family is over I feel like I have to play hostess and take care of everyone and I obviously can't do that in...
Quote: Originally Posted by mariekitt24 and I've only got a couple days left before my midwife can no longer legally attend to my birth. I don't know what state you're in, but where I am, CPMs aren't legal at all. BUT there is no law saying where, when, or how you have to give birth or who can be there. So, therefore, CPMs can practice because women can simply choose not to go to the hospital or hire an OB. (This is Ohio.) My midwives are...
I think it's important to put "born at home" on the announcement. My DH agrees. Most people think we are CRAZY but our happy, healthy, advanced 16-mo-old is enough evidence for us that what we're doing as parents is working (as he put it "my daughter jumps up and down says 'happy,' that's enough for me" -- yes she can actually get her feet off the ground!). Anyway. I'm really tired of "hiding" because of non-mainstream choices or defending choices or acting like I...
Hi everyone, I'm new here. My name is Kate and I am expecting my second baby (first at home) in 7 weeks, give or take. DD was born in the hospital and despite totally uncomplicated labor, they pushed many interventions on me -- pitocin, water broken, IV, etc. Needless to say we're going a different route this time. I have a team of midwives who will be attending the birth, and we only started seeing them around 27 weeks so I feel like we're really playing catch-up...
No. Not scared. This is scare-tactic propaganda. They try to make it sound perfectly reasonable, and they try to make non-vaxing parents sound crazy. I mean, that BS about "Some parents don't vaccinate because they believe vaccines cause autism. But there is no link." Um...there are a THOUSAND reasons besides vaccine-autism link that parents choose not to vaccinate? They make it sound like parents heard Jenny McCarthy talk and just decided not to do any further...
We've done every WBV so far. DD's 12-mo. visit is Monday. We may stop doing them then, or just start doing them annually. At DD's 2 wk., 2 mo., and 4 mo., they said "Are you vaccinating?" and we said "Not now," so they just wrote that in her chart and said nothing else. The nurse asked, the dr. didn't even mention it. And after that they stopped asking. They see a LOT of kids in their practice, and many people don't vax or do delayed/selective schedule and they are...