or Connect

Posts by Ktietje85

Sorry about your rough visit. I am lucky, my dr. is old-fashioned and definitely believes in vax, but is open minded and not pushy. They asked for the first few months, then just stopped. It is actually nice that I don't have to hear a lecture every time, I would probably just stop going at all.... It's too bad that so many docs are so closed-minded and uninformed these days.
I'm in a group on another forum, and have been in the same group with the same moms for two years. We all TTC our firsts together, and many of us are pregnant with #2 now. So we've had a chance to "talk" a lot. I've found three factors that seem to heavily influence how often and how severely kids get sick: formula feeding, daycare, and vaxing. They ALL vax (and think I'm crazy), about 2/3 formula feed, and about 1/2 go to daycare. Their kids constantly have colds,...
I also did a ton of research, and I also trust God. I think you should do the research too. What I came up with is that vaccines, in many cases, don't even work. Or if they do, they do at the expense of messing with the body's natural defenses. My DD, totally non-vax, has had a few minor colds and tummy viruses, but never had a fever, and quickly fought off the illnesses. If that doesn't say her own body's defenses are doing a good job, I don't know what does. There...
This is really a YAY for non-vax post. DD is currently sick with her second tummy virus (12 mo. on 1/26/09). But the thing is, both times that she's gotten sick, she's NEVER had a fever (well, actually, no matter what, she's never had a fever, 99.2 is the closest she's come), she's never been lethargic or whiny or clingy. She just sleeps a lot and throws up a few times (today I swear it was just because she tried to eat too fast). I have a feeling if I had vaxed it...