or Connect

Posts by Double Dip

12:30 pm Circle Cross Ranch park Friday April 16th near the intersection of Gary & Empire (go east on Empire) Moms Club of San Tan Corridor - a moms club for moms in San Tan Valley is having an open house/park play date open for any moms in the San Tan Valley community. Come meet us and find out more! We have so much fun with a variety of activities, times, age ranges of children and moms. We'd love to have you join us. We have a calendar each month with lots of...
12:30 pm Circle Cross Ranch park Friday April 16th near the intersection of Gary & Empire (go east on Empire) Moms Club of San Tan Corridor - a moms club for moms in San Tan Valley is having an open house/park play date open for any moms in the San Tan Valley community. Come meet us and find out more! We have so much fun with a variety of activities, times, age ranges of children and moms. We'd love to have you join us. We have a calendar each month with lots of...
Shellie- Yes, absolutely It was nice to meet you and your children! The girls talked about K and still do, they hope to play with her again some time and some of their stuffed animals have been "renamed" in her honor ...heeheehee... so cute! It has been crazy here, we had 13 people at our house over the Easter Holidays - they all arrived the Saturday before Easter Sunday. It has been busy here to say the least. They left on this last Sunday after staying a...
Jumping on board to say my twins who are 5 will be starting K in the fall.
Hi ladies - me again I just wanted you to know that MOMS club of San Tan Corridor (you can find us on meet up) is having an "open house" on Friday April 16th at 12:30 at Circle Cross Ranch park (near the intersection of Gary & Empire) near Cirlce Cross Ranch school. It is a nice park with sand area, toddler play area, big kid play area & picnic tables, concrete path for bikes/scooters & bathrooms. We just want to meet moms in the area who may be looking for fun and...
Arizona Moms - Pinal County - San Tan Valley Mom’s Club of San Tan Corridor is having a Yard Sale and Consignment Sale on Friday, March 12th and Saturday, March 13th from 8am-12noon. The proceeds will benefit Epic Food Mission which organizes food boxes and distributes them to families in need who live in the San Tan Valley area. The sale will take place in the San Tan Heights sub-division which is near Walmart by Gary Rd & Hunt Hwy. The dates of the sale are...
Probably not exactly what you are looking for but I admit we really like "Sid the Science Kid" on PBS. It is a cartoon 30 minute show. He is a preschooler going to school where 4 students and a teacher explore a topic - like irresversible change. They draw in a journal, perform the experiment and make observations and conclusions. On the website they give a break down on doing the activity at home as well as other ideas. Many times we have done the experiment...
http://www.lz95.org/msn/faculty/jcle...0Retention.pdf Is she a young teacher? She may not not realize that sarcasm is not only an ineffective tool for classroom management but will degrade the relationship of her with her students, the students with each other and as you mentioned the student with himself. I know I have read better articles about sarcasm when I was doing my methods classes for teaching. I think it is a common mistake for young teachers. In using...
We read the "kissing Hand" book about the raccoons going to school for the first time & that helped my girls a lot. I also knew what they were getting for a snack every day and that was an easy point to start with when asking about their day. We visited ahead of time, met the teacher and had a playdate with one of the students in their class ahead of time. She also has a policy that the parent can stay as long as is needed. I was actually surprised on the first...
I would agree at certain points school environment very much has an impact on the child and his/her personality, feelings, even potential. I think kindergarten is essential that the child learns that learning is fun and that she/he is a success at it. More than anything else, I think this needs to be what is the result of kindergarten. Then in 4th grade where learning is a transition in that you have to use skills learned in K-3 and apply them in all content areas...