or Connect

Posts by Eimichan

Thanks so much for all the great advice! I'll definitly look into all those areas =) We are looking to rent, and can't afford anything too pricey.
Hello people, my little family is moving to toronto in a couple of months and I'm looking for advice/hoping to make some friends! For the advice part, is there anywhere in the city you would recommend to live? Currently we're thinking High Park. We need a place that's pretty affordable, but safe. We also want to be in a place that's pretty accesible to downtown. We're a mixed race family (I'm white, hubby's asian/latino, little boo looks more like him than me) so...
I just want to say that I completely understand your situation! My DH is still having a hard time after being here in Canada for a year. We've been going through the long immigration process and he still doesn't have his work permit which has left him feeling pretty powerless and resentful. While we were living together in Japan, he had a good job and really enjoyed taking me out and managing all our business. I'm the type of person who gets pretty stressed out sometimes...
Hi there! I have BPD, also! I went through a pretty intense year of therapy and have most of my symptoms under control (at least I understand myself now!!!) I've also recently become a mother and am completely in love with my little boy : If anything, having him helps me with my condition! He helps me keep my priorities in check, and I can love him endlessly without worrying about emotional stress! If you want to email me, my addy is eimichan@gmail.com We can talk more,...
What a sweet video! It really celebrates breastfeeding : I want to nurse my baby now...too bad he's sleeping!
Wow, that sounds like a really tough situation! Has your mom been in any form of constant therapy? It sounds like she must have some hormonal issues, since synthroid is generally used for thyroid disorders. Low thyroid function is related to depression. I know cuz I've been taking it off/on for over 10 years I also have had a lot of issues with my mom. We never saw eye-to-eye and she had a lot of resentment towards me. She even blamed me for her divorce from my dad,...
Hmm, some of what you say sounds sooo familiar, like what I've experienced before. Are there any particular triggers for when you feel like child, weak and powerless? I would often feel like a lonely, scared little girl whenever I became emotionally overwhelmed by anything. Other times I'd feel confident and strong, like I could do anything. But then something would set me back and I'd be a child again. I have empathetic Borderline Personality Disorder and that was just...
Oh sweetie, it's okay! I totally went through the same thing, and it does seem like you're screwed if ya do, screwed if ya don't. I started taking zoloft after the 1st trimester of my pregnancy, and I was *very* anti-med before that point. I have a wonderful nurse practitioner who takes very good care of me, and I trusted her when she assured me that the risk from the meds was very, very low. Without the meds, I *knew* my emotional/mental wellbeing was not beneficial to my...