or Connect

Posts by Ok

I wouldn't let my child speak to me that way. One of your jobs as the parent is to make sure to speak for the baby. Your older daughter shouldn't be allowed to "do as she will" to her younger sister. Learning social boundaries is an appropriate part of childhood, including how to speak in a civil manner to everyone-- including mom and dad. Where did your dd learn that language anyway?
Ds is autistic and essentially non-verbal. He is 4.5yo and has been going almost every week since he was an infant. He also did bible school, goes for various parish events. Younger kids only go to "big church" as a group once a month or so, and not for the whole service. Otherwise, they have children's chapel every week and then spend the rest of the time in their classroom. First grade is the first year children start regularly going to church with parents. We...
Americans will be taking a different hit than many other countries. We are over-extended militarily. We are still trying to bail out others, and borrowing money to do it-- then printing money to cover it. The US dollar will lose the battle to remain the international currency. The US is, in short, an over-extended imperialist country. Once the international loss of validation occurs (and I think it will happen), then the US no longer drives the economic machinery. The...
ASD and non-verbal at 3.5yo and he took about 6 weeks of really concerted effort between school and home to pee train. We let that sink in. He could wear underwear, however, b/c he'd bring me a diaper when he wanted to poop. After 2 months of that system (?) I caught him mid-poop and put him on the potty and he stayed. (He'd always been very resistant to even sitting on the potty.) He's been on the potty sense. I throw this out in case you can at least get success in one...
Thanks for sharing! Beautiful as always. May their next year be full of blessings and breakthroughs.
Sounds like a great visit! Yay for the older kids behaving well too.
Good luck. I hope that you get some explanations. I do agree that having some personal connection to a doctor can help.
I think it is accurate enough for the lower-side-of-middle-class. It won't put you in a nice house in a good school zone with late model cars. For us, a couple of the categories had an opposite that we didn't need so sort of cancelled things out a bit. We don't need childcare, but pay lots more for food and more for insurance. The housing estimate is too low but I live very close to work so transportation was listed higher than I need (I pay cash for old cars, instead of...
Gifted program here begins in 3rd (testing mid 2nd). I think in most schools there is a fair distribution of m/f. I have 2 boys and 1 girl represented in the program.
Who referred you to the therapist? Why were you referred? Why not call the therapist back or the person that referred you? Are you looking for an actual dx or services? What timeframe did the therapist give you for the next step, or was there some "your dd probably doesn't need anything" hint from them? How old is your child? Are sensory issues getting in the way of her education (if she's in school)? In our case, ds was referred and got an initial evaluation within...