or Connect

Posts by CultivatingMyRoots

I have two girls, now 5 and 3. We live on two acres out in Lemmon Valley, we moved here in late fall for my man's job, and since then work and distant family is our only socialization.    We would love to meet some like-minded families (or maybe single mommas?) who have time for playdates or potentially family dinners.    He loves cars, motorcycles, gas-guzzling motors, working out, and cowboy-ish activities.    I love sewing, gardening, and crafting. I also...
  Thank you for that. Made my day!
OkiMom; 4 days on the couch when you're almost due? Psh. That's on top of things! I left my laundry IN THE WASHER for 4 days. And then, of course, had to rewash it so it didn't smell like the drain. By my estimation, you're winning. (Especially since yours is now put away...) I also LOVE that your kids do arts and crafts and that you are still sewing!    Tonttu; I'm sorry you feel like you're dragging. :( I hope things pick up again!    We are moved, and I know I...
IsaFrench; 'going to market to buy fresh bread' sounds like a film-noir romantic excursion!   bejeweled; I hope your day went as planned, we spent all day packing boxes, the pool would have been a lovely respite!   tonttu; lazy Sundays are the best, especially after currant picking and baking!
I know I am not a regular here, but we are MOVING!!! I am out of my mind thinking about the next week, we are moving early out of our current lease in order for my partner to start his DREAM job, which is 2.5 hours away. I also have a job that I should be hearing back from by Wednesday night. It would be PERFECT.    In the meantime, moving more than in-town is CRAZY stressful!
Bejeweled, cotton candy sounds lovely! Especially combined with all the pool time you and your daughter are having; what a summer!   We 'rescued' a puppy from exceptionally trashy and awful pet owners across the street, and it might just be the straw that breaks me. I had a job interview yesterday, my boyfriend from his first day of double-booking his new job and school (school ends in three weeks) and my house is just refusing to stay clean. In a backwards turn of...
I have been absent for far too long, and this weekend we had a 16-hour round trip drive, a wedding, I am still juggling school, work (though not enough), and my house is starting to show it. All of the clean laundry from about two weeks (soi most of the clothes we wear at all) is in a pile at the foot of my bed. My dishes have been SLOWLY getting done, but there is still a sink and a half waiting on the counter. :(   My goals today are; -dishes -laundry sorted...
Ok, so, I am finding it hard to follow the thread of events. But, I am going to add my history with doctors and scabies.    1) Doctors are AWFUL at diagnosing it. 2) Three different doctors, looking at the same rash (which turned out to be scabies) will all have different opinions. Only one will even consider scabies.  3) Children present much less uniformly than adults; my youngest got diagnosed independently with CHICKEN POX, which turned out to be...
OkiMom, I am wishing you all the best!!!   I am tired this morning. My bf/partner has been slacking on chores, and ignoring me and my roomate's comments about it. We have been super direct and specific and non-threatening, and it's not working. This morning there were three different issues that he had not taken care of, (shoes, PS3 crap out, and didn't do the dishes) all of which are repeat and he has agreed to fix them. This isn't really like him ( I would not be...
Oh goodness, Mom31!! I hope you are doing ok.    Bejeweled, congrats on finally getting your hair colored. :P   Mine always ends up being a week or so later than I planned, because the henna has to sit for three+ hours.    This morning bf made CINNAMON BUNS!!! And they were BETTER than Cinnabon. (This from the guy who SWEARS he can't cook.) We also got shelves for our shed from a CL post, and some awesome pots for the yard, spring is coming and gardening is part...