or Connect

Posts by CultivatingMyRoots

@ Okimom - That sounds so miserable.   :(   I am sure the perfect place is just waiting for you!   @bejeweled - We need rain here in Norcal, I envy you your showers! I also just colored my hair, I henna mine red. What are you doing with yours?   Today has been a prep for our Superbowl party, Bf is running cables and teching stuff to stream the video from online, since we have no desire to get cable. He also bought us a new and better wireless router and the face...
I went to the GYM today. OMG. Bf bought us a gym membership!   I also start school in March, officially. Figured out classes and CLEP tests and everything!    :)   Girls gone for the weekend, so I am prepping for our Sunday Superbowl party. 
Groundhog cupcakes sound like so much fun; I'm totally imagining frosting shadows and little groundhogs in their holes!   I sewed until LATE last night, woke up late but in time to make breakfast for my bf on his break from school, and then went to get my girls from Dad. We spent an hour at the kids art studio, (we made hearts to hang on our walls!) dealt with a HUGE tantrum from my youngest, and then made everyone lunch. Girls are now both down from their naps with...
Katie - I do but it has nothing in it, now. I found Etsy to be too much of a hassle, so I only do custom work and locally. Although I'm starting to branch out and it is SO AWESOME!!!!  Why do you ask?
Got InnOut for lunch because BF/partner is fantastic!   I took the girls to storytime and did some minimal tasks this morning, tonight I have to...   ~take girls to studio and karate ~clean kitchen and make fish and chips ~Traditional Irish Bog dress drawing for client ~Wedding dress drawing for client tomorrow ~clean sewing studio for my appts tomorrow ~meditate ~sew a project for myself and doodle in my artbook (without a purpose or goal, just...
Ok, so the past two nights I had an extra 5 year old (DIABETIC!!!) over for sleepovers, and wow was that exciting! The house is mostly fine, I stayed on top of dishes and floor, but we still have a tent set up in the living room. :P I'm bribing my oldest that if she does her new homeschool work (writing and reading and caterpillar studies) that she can sleep in the tent tonight.    Today I need to; ~Get together paperwork for Medical (that I've already filled out...
BabyCakes - Work it, girl! jimblejamble - soap dispenser is brilliant; I love that it's red! OkiMom - best of luck tackling your list; I'm sure it will feel wonderful to move and get to start fresh!     Grr. This morning I made breakfast, cleaned up breakfast, and barely escaped with my sanity. My youngest was SUPER whiny and tired, but then she put herself to sleep!!! (I did manage to make my bed, actually!) So, this afternoon I have to...   ~drop off...
My last few days have been CRAZY.    Friday, I finished the HUGE sewing project I had due, and took it to the client at 8 AM that morning.  I went home and had a coffee date with an old friend, who brought over a bunch of food and spoiled my girls.  I tried to take a nap between that coffee date and the playdate with a friend and her daughter; but I put my girls down for nap and then got 'waylaid' by my bf/partner.   :) Then had a FANTASTIC playdate/mommy date,...
I AM SLACKING!!! I had a great start this morning, but I realized I don't have a blind hem foot and that's my next step. It's looking like I'll have to do it by hand.    :/   GAH. 
Mom31 - there's a reset button on the bottom, sometimes they flip the circuit even though nothing is clogged. Press it HARD and then try again. Otherwise, you could check to see if the switch it's plugged into is GFI, and reset that. :)   I am the garbage disposal clogging QUEEN.