or Connect

Posts by CultivatingMyRoots

I've been using springpad.com to help me make daily routines so I don't put things off until they overwhelm me. I'm still working out my daily rhythm, though, so I'm hoping there's more wisdom to be shared by others! I know that I thrive on a certain amount of scheduling, it helps me be more disciplined and effective. Plus, I think it helps my DD transition and be more self-sufficient when she knows how the day will go.
Ha, six DAYS, not months. Nevermind, that makes more sense. Do you have online banking or last month's statements? Just highlight the food/household purchases.
Could you post the numbers from those six months? I'm sure that would be a great starting point, even if it isn't 100% current #s. I wish I had six months of tracking to work from, but my local bank doesn't connect with Quicken, and I do NOT have the time to do it by hand. Although, I'm gonna have a newborn, soon, and that means a lot of nursing time....
Quote: Originally Posted by CultivatingMyRoots Ok, well, my spring cleaning is also some very serious nesting. Nesting, for me, generally includes a lot of crafting....Which is a messy process. So the spring cleaning will be touch and go, but at least I will be accomplishing things! Anyways, my to-do list: CD's out of plastic cases and buy an album-thing for them(they currently take up a whole moving box!) - done, and wow did it feel good! Finish...
Quote: Originally Posted by Crayfish My brain needs a lot of babysitting. HAHAHA!!!! My brain needs a lot of babysitting, too! :
Erinz; I was out in the rain building planter boxes and moving dirt. My DH was LIVID when he saw all that I had done, but I'm hoping it drove home the 'if you do the big-strong-man-things on time, maybe your 5'2" 36-week preggo wife won't have to!' lesson. He's been slacking on the big projects and I want things DONE. I have one box left to make, it's much smaller and it's the last messy project, and I am hoping to plant berries in it. DH knows that plants are what I...
I LOVE lists. And June 1st is my EDD, but I had my DD at 39 weeks, so I'm expecting it to be more like May 20-ish. Phrogger - how funny! I'm in denial about the baby! I am fully ok with things needing to be done(and doing them, I feel like superwoman this pregnancy!), but the idea of a newborn in a few weeks....
Alright, well I am officially joining the June DDC, although I've been lurking in May cuz I don't think I'll really make it to June. I still need wool covers and to make a few prefolds and a dozen flats, I have 18 newborn chinese prefolds, but they look so bulky... I have to move half a yard of dirt into a planter box (which I have to build) I am scrambling to finish up other projects so my crafts aren't everywhere when baby is born Finish planning DD's b-day...
CultivatingMyRoots, Marguerite June 1st, 2nd baby TOTAL SURPRISE! I was lurking in the may DDC, because my first was born at 39 weeks, but I'm trying to think 'in' thoughts. I have too much to do still! Plus, I'm hoping for a 10+ lber....
POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!!!: I'm in the camp of small baby = KEEP THEM COOKING AS LONG AS POSSIBLE! And babies can gain MORE than half a pound a week, and ven then, five pounds is a perfectly acceptable birth weight for a small mama. It's the low end of normal, but who cares? If there's no protien in urine, the high bp is likely due to worry and stress. Which, with interventions being threatened, is pretty normal! I know you know this, but remember to stick to your...