or Connect

Posts by CultivatingMyRoots

Aww, Mom31 and PoetryLover!!!! Have either of you located your timers? That always helps me. Especially because the timer ending gives me a scott-free end to the activity; no guilt over nott 'finishing' or 'accomplishing' enough.    Also, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!       ...Did that help?
Bwahahaha. I just vacuumed my sewing room, and used the vacuum as a sort of push-bar to move all the CRAP. Gah. And I'm supposed to be working right now!!! Good luck finding your floor, I wish you a glorious reuniting!
  Not at all, thank you for responding! My biggest issue is that she wants structured activities that aren't appropriate for her 2.5 year old sister, and her sister is NOT OK with being excluded. I ordered her a butterfly pavilion, she has been diligently caring for a hydroponic garden, and she is CONSTANTLY asking how things work. I am going to try and find ways to fit in one on one time with her; I think even one hour a day completely focused on HER and something age...
OMIGOODNESS!!!   I did my divorce paperwork, it felt so good. And I'm 90% certain it got done right, too! Dishes done, house still clean Laundry 100% done and away (except for my partner's crap; I dump that in his basket 'cuz I don't fold MY clothes, much less his!) Made my bed Drank coffee ALONE, and then had new kitten and talk time with my roommate (both are rare)     Today -  A fitting appointment that has canceled/rescheduled three times Some...
Sorry for not checking in! My week got derailed by my partner's family drama; he has been torn up, distant, and ineffectual so I have been trying to give him space. And of course my XH takes this week to start mucking with his custody schedule (which HE sets, since I am self-employed and make my own hours, but I still need to know when to schedule!).    So, I have finished; ~Keeping up with dishes ~Keeping up with laundry ~Staying on top of my bare bones work...
Done today; ~Sewing ~Me alone time (RARE these days!) ~tidying ~two loads of laundry ~bedroom cleared ~decluttering ~kids down for their naps according to schedule and without LOUDNESS ~Sewing room closet repacked so it's not spilling everywhere ~Phone calls made!!!! ~homeschooling/kid activities researched and rejuvenated in my brain   I still have a few tasks to do, but none of them are huge. It is so weird to think that most of the tasks I need...
OMG! Edit!  I actually got rid of over 150 items of clothing from my girls!  Some of it went in a bag to their Dad's, and some of it got donated. I had totally forgotten. As well, I am remembering that I already purged most of my unecessary items, and the worst of my stuff is unfinished projects. So I am going to count any non-work related projects finished as an item.  :)   193/2012
Weeeee!!!! Ok, so in the week since the 1st I have gotten rid of....   35 things that went out as a cause of Christmas gifts coming in 3 dumb plastic gifts replaced by things we needed 5 clothing articles I will never wear that were cluttering up my drawer   and I'm looking at my sewing room and realizing I have about 50+ things in here that I wouldn't miss. That's todays challenge!     43 items / 2012    
My four year old is too young to go to kindergarten (which I am still dithering about) but emotionally and mentally CRAVING it. I am very interested in what everyone else is doing for this, because I have at least 9 months of half-hearted homeschooling before she can attend school out of the home. I got rid of our art supplies and got a membership to a FANTASTIC local art studio, but she wants something more stimulating, and I just don't have the space or...
@JessicaRenee - My boyfriend just had to fix out vacuum for doing the same thing! It definitely sprayed me with kitty litter and gunk before he cleaned the whole thing out and checked all the belts. I feel like it's a new vacuum; and it's CREEPY how dirty my carpets are, despite my vacuuming before. I filled the tank in just two bedrooms. GROSS.    @Mrsmischief - Mollusk studies? Are you actually caring for some kind of mollusk? My four year old LOVES interactive...