or Connect

Posts by CultivatingMyRoots

I couldn't not respond. s s s I'm a single mom, and had a bit of a breakdown this evening when my 14 month old DD WOULD NOT GO TO SLEEP. 3 hours of tantrumming, and she finally exhausted herself. So, basically, I came here to unwind and found I could maybe help someone else, as well. Back to you, sorry. I think your 8 year old might be feeling like he doesn't get enough quality time with you. Clearly it isn't about the spider, and he has slept on his own before....
Thank you, Hildare, that was a PERFECT example/story! I am handy in just about all ways, and improving my car maintenance skills. I know first aid, CPR, and emergency first response, plus how to shoot and even how to hunt if it came to that. I know basic building and construction, and I'm researching more of the technical stuff that I always looked to others to know. I'm definitely confident that I could do the physical stuff. 'Town' is an outpost sort of thing 3 miles...
So, I am a single mom of two (3 yr and 1 yr old daughters) in 320 sq ft. Since my last purge the apartment looks very minimalist, we don't have much seating. My only complaint at all is that I wish I had a small loveseat, and currently finances preclude that. But I think when my Financial Aid comes in I will be heading to ikea for one of their $100 futon loveseat things, because I occasionally sleep on the floor to avoid cosleeping on the girls bunk beds. Honestly, though,...
I can't close any of the dresser drawers without a crowbar and a winch....so I feel I should join in. As well, I never wear half my clothes because I've lost weight and they are wearing out. Just today my favorite pair of leggings split while I was biking. Onwards to harmonious habitats!
Thank you for your input, that is very helpful. There are neighbors within sight, and reportedly they are nice enough. Maybe not for socializing, but definitely if you need a hand out of the mud or whatever. I'm considering that my problem this winter wasn't just loneliness, it was depression + angst + NOTHING to do! I was stuck in my apartment, unable to get a job, low on cash, and dealing with stbx drama. Not paying rent = much less stress!
Ok. I am considering an opportunity to move to a rural area, for two acres of land to build on. I am worried most about loneliness, and wondering if any single mothers have homesteaded before? I'm sure in the history of the world it has happened, but I mean to choose it? I have a few friends who would most likely come and stay with me, but no committed partner (and no immediate desire for one.) Do you feel lonely WITH a partner? Thoughts on loneliness in general would...
I have been SOOO good about not spending, I did however buy myself new makeup and earrings, which I justified because I realized that I don't look very put together without makeup, and I am interviewing for jobs. However, I bought it at the dollar store and got the bare minimum, so it was $5. What I'm really proud of, though, is that I have been biking to school and taking the stroller to get my DD to her preschool. Conserving gas (and not paying the $1 a day parking...
7/1 - $0 7/2 - $0 and a bike ride! 7/3 - Pulling out cash for my rent, paying internet, PG&E. 'Spending' the gas to go to ex-inlaws for my daughters' birthday dinner, which means they are getting presents and we are getting fed. Can't complain. Did my hw, AND extra business reading, and I am feeling RICH in all the ways that count! Wishing everyone else the same!
I was just absolutely blown away by the brilliance of your plan. Thank you for enriching my parenting and spiritual philosophies. Wow. {off to make up a meditational ceremony for her own issues....
Never even LOOKED at money or my wallet today. Packed a picnic and biked to the river (10 miles roundtrip!) spent $0 and hopefully burned some calories. I do need to post on freecycle for a bike pump and new tires for the kid-trailer, they were seriously flat on the way back, and I would prefer the skinny all rubber kind. My bike could actually use smaller tires, but only if they're free!! Tonight I am writing up my finances from June, starting for July, and also...