or Connect

Posts by CultivatingMyRoots

I'm pretty sure I've only lurked these threads before, but clarity and consistency is what I'm lacking in my finances (not necessarily bad spending, just, unfocused and unorganized) so I think daily check-ins are a great idea! Who I am... I am a single mom to two daughters, who is making by on welfare and school money. I am starting to scrape up business online and at vendor booths selling my sewn items, I am going to school for Small Business Administration to help...
So Introduce yourself... I am a single mother of two, living in a 450 sq ft one bedroom apartment! I have both my daughters fulltime, although I am lucky that I have an ex who is doing his best to be a parent and my oldest is going to preschool four days a week. My teeny apartment has to serve as home, office(for a start-up sewing/etsy biz, which is actually starting to work, but is getting constrained by space and storage!), and school (half online, half on campus)....
Ohmygoodness! I've been lurking MDC after months and months of sabbatical, and this thread just motivated me to make SO MANY phone calls, and deal with all sorts of unpleasant paperwork that has been hanging over my head. Phew! It feels so wonderful! Anyways, My house has been looking amazing lately, but my finances and work-related activities have suffered. Hoping to find some balance here. Today I have.... Gotten my books paid for Gotten childcare voucher...
Once again, an hour instead of 15, but you can't blame me for not wanting to waste time; toddler gone and newborn sleeping!! Kitchen floor mopped. Laundry moved. Husband sent off to work the late shift. Left; weed whacking. Ugh. Tidy up backyard. Weed garden beds. Hang things up on walls. Going to make coffee, then soldier on!
Ok, 15 turned into 45. Changed over laundry, and added to the pile of folding I'll do during a TV break. I cleaned spots off the carpet, it looks WORLDS better. We got this 'organic' all-purpose cleaner from a door-to-door salesman, in what I thought was a moment of weakness, but turns out to be more than worth it. I swept all my hard floors, gathered trash for hubby to take out, and took a basket of things out of the office/TV room to be sorted back to their original...
Cool! I love these threads! My family is getting here tomorrow, and the toddler went to the in-laws, and my MIL is coming over for 4 hours to help me clean!!: So, first 15, I'm going to tackle some Laundry.
The kitchen swept and dishes clean. These are also the two things I am WORST at, go figure.
...was born yesterday, May 2nd, at 1:55 PM, after less than five hours of active labor. She was 9 lbs, 12 oz, 22 inches long, and has dark hair (hubby and I are BLONDE!!!). Head and chest were both 14.5 inches, and despite being perfectly positioned for the last two months of pregnancy, she spun in the birth canal and came out posterior, after some 'icky' feeling pushing which seems to have given her some forehead bruising. She also had mec'd in the water, however it...
Quote: Originally Posted by CultivatingMyRoots I will GLADLY help you with that decluttering! YUMMY!!! I am trying to wrap up all sorts of things, cardboard to recycling, car cleaned of trash, goodwill dropped off (it's sitting on the porch, ick!), and the backyard trash (green waste and gardening miscellany) gotten rid of. I have the car today, but it's SO hot out, and my motivation is waning! All of this done!!! Well, goodwill is still...
How cool with the art! I admit, art therapy is what I plan on doing as a career, and it honestly never occurred to me to try it to prepare for birth. Crafting therapy, though, I have done MORE than my fair share of! Would you post pics of your work? And are you going to try to get them fired before the birth? aestesfl - I am heartened by your positive visualization story; hearing your measure of control over the contraction pattern makes me hopeful. Thank you for...