or Connect

Posts by CultivatingMyRoots

With my first I baked a birthday cake, and frosted it, and then we took it to the hospital and shared with the nurses. This time around, if labor is as slow, I might go the same route. But I will DEFINITELY be doing the house-cleaning thing, and probably directing DH to finish all sorts of last-minute tasks. Drawing or crafting also sounds cool, and maybe planning a placenta print, which I would NEVER have even crossed my mind without these forums! Gardening,...
Quote: Originally Posted by BellinghamCrunchie This. The giggling isn't about defying you or trying to make fun of you or go against what you've told her, its simply a desire to get back to that fun place where you're both happy and connected and flowing smoothly together. The giggling is how she tries to get you back there. Wow. How did I not get that before now? That makes so much more sense. Thank you!
How funny! I say the opposite; I couldn't see what I had/needed with all the old stuff in the way. I didn't toss everything, but a good portion of it. And I honestly don't miss ANY of it! I feel like if I had kept it, I would keep trying to fit it post-pregnancy (like I did the first time) even though everything was too small, too young, and my style has evolved. My clothes were holding back my growth and self-image. I'm excited to go postpartum shopping!:
Here until further notice. Which means maybe until my actual due date, which I NEVER thought I'd reach! I hope not longer....
No. I feel like a whale. Plus, you've read my post about how torn I am about wanting labor to start! DH is iffy about dtd, he says he wants to, but it seems like he chooses the nights I go to bed early to try to 'instigate,' and when I suggest it on nights I'm less tired, he gets moody and acts stressed. : I told him not to bother me about it, when I feel like it, I'll tell him. I was appreciating the groping/touching/all-around-sexy gestures he was making, but...
For you mamas who have already given birth, I would love to hear your hindsight perspective, as well. But the question is just that, with birth 'looming,' what do you see/plan/want to happen? Do you have very specific predictions? Know what positions you plan to use? What are the things that are important to your birth experience? I don't mean necessarily medically/intervention-wise, I mean more of your personal plans and expectations of your pain management and...
I KNOW!! My DH alternates between a 'fingers-in-the-ears' approach, and being super-excited about getting to catch the baby. He's excited for the birth, but doesn't know if he's ready for the BABY. I'm having the opposite problem; I'm ready and excited for baby, but I just can't seem to get as revved up about the birth! Which is WEIRD, because my first birth was honestly pretty amazing, and this time around I'm getting just about everything MY WAY. Maybe that's my...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaFern also planning to declutter the kitchen of the rhubarb upside down cake that i made last night and the organic whipping cream in my fridge, we are having morning tea with my mom who is here to viisit I will GLADLY help you with that decluttering! YUMMY!!! I am trying to wrap up all sorts of things, cardboard to recycling, car cleaned of trash, goodwill dropped off (it's sitting on the porch, ick!), and...
I'm trying that this pregnancy, I kept EVERYTHING last time and wore almost none of it, because it didn't fit anymore or it was no longer 'me.' I say go for it, but maybe stash/save money for shopping post baby. Although, not having clothes is a good reason to reach your fitness goals so you can only have to buy new stuff once. That's my plan, anyways!
I'm having trouble with this, too. I like that mantra!