or Connect

Posts by CultivatingMyRoots

Quote: Originally Posted by mom0810 I would totally be offended. But that's just me. Maybe a Dave Ramsey book, instead? I don't know... if they had asked for it, that would be different, but it would hurt my feelings. A lot. ...What would offend you? They ARE getting him a Dave Ramsey book (or considering it) it just comes with extras....Also, I think the way the gift set it packaged/promoted makes it seem less like a lesson, it's...
I'm in a similar conundrum, except I was measuring large early, and now I'm measuring 38 weeks, but that's 'on par' with my LMP date, which I had tossed out the window (post-IUD periods and bf'ing cycle) and so now I feel like my due date is a week overdue, but I STILL don't feel ready for baby. I have no idea. Maybe just start cleaning/gardening the baby out? I don't think it works, though, 'cuz I am hardcore gardening and such, and NADA.:
Maybe she'll be born early! 39 weeks, say? Unless you aren't ready. In which case, I have had similar 'false' labor, where it lasts for a few hours and then entirely subsides, but it DEFINITELY isn't daily and it went away with a lot of water and a cal/mag supplement. And knocking my caffeine habit a bit....
Chely, I sometimes forget I'm pregnant! Talk about denial! I NEVER would have thought that possible after my pregnancy with DD. Update to my 'not feeling ready,' our dryer just broke. We'll find out in the morning if it's a shorted fuse or a 'replace the dryer' problem, but until then we were going to cloth diaper and now I can't even get all my underwear dry, much less infant pee and toddler messes cleaned up. I really hope this is the universe's way of saying...
So, I just went to find my husband, because the toddler was running wild when I thought he had her. He's lying down, because he has a 'headache.' I have an all 200-parts of my body ache and 400+ things to do! When's MY nap time?: This is AFTER his nap while the baby was napping, while I thought he was working on a project (paid) that REALLY needs to get done before the baby. {grumble rant blegh ANGER. Thank you for listening.
Ok, so I my official due date is June 10th. Early measuring(no u/s, just uterus height), however, put me at a few weeks sooner, so I've been counting on late May, and saying June 1st. And I was ok with those dates, up until a week ago. Now...I kind of don't feel 'ready.' With my first, I was READY. I had visualized the birth, we were living with in-laws (ack!) and I didn't need to cook/clean/nest quite as much, and I certainly didn't have a toddler to worry about! Back...
I probably would have already drop-kicked him...I'm feisty this pregnancy. However, there would DEFINITELY be some smart-ass remarks about how my belly outranks his beer gut, etc. Men.
If I can pump/express enough colostrum before the birth I will mix the powder with it and spoon feed (within the hour after birth, before anything else has time to colonize in baby's gut) otherwise I'll be putting little bits under the tongue while breastfeeding. And yes, it's the powder that needs to be kept in the fridge. A little bit pricey($30?), but I figure doing it now saves the MONTHS of probiotics and grief I had with DD, which eventually cost us maybe $250 in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Voltige I've actually been VERY patient with my son, and even managed to get him 100% out of diapers and into underwear all in a day's time. Amazing for a kid who has NEVER used the toilet in his life, EVER, until Sunday : Wow. DH of the year award! Also, I OP, who doesn't love wiffle bats?
Pregnancy can't last forever; I wouldn't worry about that! Bloody show that continues is most DEFINITELY progress, and probably not at all related to the cervical check. If you are worried about not progressing, have you tried anything 'natural induction' wise? I had great success with castor oil (NO MORE THAN 2 TBLS!) with my first, although this time I'm trying to keep baby in while I do some MAJOR nesting. Anyways, RRL tea? Dtd? Nipple stimulation? If you're...