or Connect

Posts by CultivatingMyRoots

I second what limabean said, I made a woven for myself that I used with my first, and even without hemming it has held up beautifully. My second is due any day now, and I'm fairly certain that will be the first thing I use to wear him/her. I never liked stretchy wraps, my baby was too big, too soon, and the wrap would get stretched out and baby would sag. It was obnoxious. She was also a summer baby, and the knit made me sweat.
I had a 20 lber at 9 weeks, and we LOVED the babyhawk we borrowed from a local mom. Once she wanted to be more mobile and in-out, a pouch sling was our next carrier, and she wore that until she passed 35 lbs(and almost hit 3 ft tall!). I'm small, too, only 5'2", and I had no problem with her in the pouch sling. 35 lbs was when I got too preggo, though, and wearing her was just not an option.
In a few years I anticipate the same problem (DD is only two and we have a toy chest full) and then we will get a beanbag chair cover and stuff it with them. They have ones with mesh windows made specifically for stuffed animals, but I can't find the link.
Quote: Originally Posted by Talula Fairie When are you due? I'm due in August, I've been nesting too I love nesting! I'm officially due June 10th, but I'm hoping to be closer to June 1st. I'm already huge, and measuring past dates, and my first came a week early.
Quote: Originally Posted by Talula Fairie I'm just outside of Sacramento, in Antelope. Roseville is the next town over on 80. I go there for everything it seems like, trips to Whole Foods, the mall sometimes, Kaiser appointments, my therapist.... I just planted more zucchini in the open side of my garden! This time I directly sowed them. I love growing squash becuase it germinates fast, comes up strong, and is super easy to grow. Talula...
Quote: Originally Posted by FarmerCathy I just moved from Carmichael back up to Smartsville off hwy 20 between Marysville and Grass Valley. Where in Sac are you? Great looking garden so far. CultivatingMyRoots is in Roseville, but she probably just had her baby so that's prolly why we haven't heard from her in awhile. If you read this Marquerite, Addie has a ton of tomatillo's volunteering in her garden. She would love to share with...
I got mustard greens from my garden, and made all sorts of things; a raw food soup, salad, and something I've already forgotten.... I also got enough cilantro to make salsa, and there was plenty more! I am trying to keep it from bolting, and so far it seems to be doing well. My tomato plants are flowering, and FarmerCathy, both of the seedlings I got from you are superbly content, and looking gorgeous! The Isis candy is growing a bit more daintily than the Peacevine,...
If you REALLY decide to get the abx (which I think are the devil and gave me and my daughter AWFUL systemic thrush that honestly cost me three months of my life in agony from my nipples and my intestines, not to mention my daughter's colic and digestion/food intolerances) remember to get a saline lock instead of the IV, so that they don't keep you hooked up. I would think a midwife would know that, but I don't know if the hospital has 'rules.' Otherwise, I think the...
Quote: Originally Posted by sarahwg I never have yeast infections - maybe once in the last 10 years or so - but I have been battling a chronic one this entire pregnancy. I am pretty sure it is an external infection and it is just constantly irritated by the amount of discharge I have! Ugh. It comes and goes...my MW gave me a prescription but I just couldn't bring myself to use it but perhaps I should... Lately I have been switching between one drop of...
I've done paperbackswap.com, but that looks cool! Paperbackswap is even slower(but you get credit/other books in return), and that looks like an adventure.