or Connect

Posts by CultivatingMyRoots

I am a whirlwind today! 30 minutes so far, making calls while tidying kitchen, put away dishes, folding laundry, and making the bed. Left; Bills Toys cleaned up DD's craft area entirely rethought and planned dishes And she's up an hour early from her nap... Grr....:
My two-in-July DD has done the same thing, but at EVERY appointment. She doesn't like when the midwives touch her Mommy, but she also hit my sister in law when she tried to give DH a haircut. I think it has to do with a certain 'protectiveness' about people touching/infringing on our space, which she equates with danger. I have NO idea how to make it better, we hold and rock and tell her it's ok, and she has been slowly getting warmed up to it. She even played with toys...
How cool! I would love to be at a point where I could post pics, but mine wouldn't be very inspiring right now... We also have that ikea silverware (and the matching rainbow cups, plates, and bowls, DD is learning her colors with them). Anyways, as inspired as I am, I also wanted to give my .02 about the scissors...in my experience, if the scissors don't make it back to the drawer you go looking for them, but if there are MORE scissors in the drawer you pull out a...
I have no idea how to speed up the process, but your bank sounds like a UA violation. It is not only possibly but COMMON for people to steal debit card numbers, anytime you slide your card the machine takes a record and with the right know-how the numbers can be retrieved. We had our bank reissue EVERY SINGLE ONE of it's debit cards because a local vendor had someone break into their system and steal numbers. Because they are a small, local bank, it was cheaper for...
As babies grow their heart rate gets slower. Today my baby's was 120 and showing variation, and my midwives didn't remark on that being odd. I'm sure you'll get mamas who are more in the know of what the exact range is, but if it wasn't CONSISTENTLY at 115, I wouldn't worry. But, since worrying is what gestating mama's do best, maybe call your midwives and ask them to review their heart rates from past appts? Are you sure the heart rate has been around 145-155 LATELY?...
I wasn't going to post here, since I was really hoping to go my whole pregnancy (and labor!) without a VE, but I'm 36.5 weeks, and I woke up this morning to ctx, vomiting, and loose stools. The ctx were VERY regular, even side-lying, at 7 minutes apart. I knew I was dehydrated, which wasn't helping, but the vomiting was preventing me from getting liquids in any meaningful quantities. I want this baby to stay in another week, AT LEAST!! (I'm hoping for 10+ lbs.... )...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrs_mandolini That my hubby will never notice what I threw out... just that the house looks cleaner for some reason. So true. So very true. I filled our trash can finishing cleaning the third bedroom/TV room/storage room, and my husband hasn't noticed how much of his stuff is gone. I threw out his cd cases (all the cds were un-cased and tossed in the same box) and a whole bunch of broken/outdated electronic...
Quote: Originally Posted by mouthcave You've organized every single drawer and cabinet in your house (or at least feel the urge to!) because obviously one of the first things the baby is going to want to know when she/he is born is where you keep your take-out menus or something. It's getting to the point where I'm trying to make my husband "nest" because my big belly and hip pain are getting in the way! My baby is going to have the sudden...
I second the iron! I'm getting to the 'freaking huge' point and I thought I was getting tired because of that, but I realized I hadn't been taking my iron supps. I tend towards anemic usually, and when I'm pregnant it's twice as bad. Nature's Plus Chewable Iron works really well for me, I take two a day. Those supps are honestly the deciding factor in my quality of life. (Oh, and I have a 22 month old!)
I have a LOT of Anne Bishop, and I started with the Black Jewels Trilogy. My copies are seriously in tatters from all the rereading. I'm lucky enough to have friends that are ok with the dark/graphic subject matter, so I have recommended them, and hooked a good number of people. I don't usually hang out here, but I saw your title and was glad some other MDC mamas (or at least one!) read them. I do recommend her other books, too, though. Some of them are a little less...