or Connect

Posts by Lisa1970

Is ED emergency? I spoke to the labor and delivery department and they said I would have to see the OB on call for him and she told me she would not admit me unless I were in real labor, which included being dilated and the contractions being less than 5 minutes apart. Which is why I went to the closer labor and delivery, that and the fact that it reached the point where I felt I needed to get there fast. So I knew I could walk in to any labor and delivery and be seen. I...
I am just going to type on the events of the weekend. Basically, I had seen signs in this OB that came so highly recommended by members of ICAN that he was not as great as he seems. He kept going out of town for a "sick wife" who was living at their other house in another state. Whenever he was out of town, if I had a problem, I was out of luck and left with no care. One time, it was a virus with a fever and dehydration at 19w5d. The other time, it was stabbing back pain...
No, not after pains. Pains during childbirth...I am sorry...I need to finish later..bbl
i had my baby a few hours ago. She is wonderful and the actual csect was fine. I am thrilled how everything went....birth wise. BUT, I was a planned vbac. I have had vbacs before. But this was different. For two days, I felt attacked. I felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife in my gut, right at my csect scar, over and over again. The vbac doctor I found through ICAN ignored me, blew me off. I ended up going to a different hospital, where they took such good care...
There is a main business office. Then it is the main business office for several doctors offices. And my family doctor is through the same business office, but not the same doctors office. Not sure if I am explaining that well. So all the billing and everything comes from the same place. And unfortunately, I can walk in to one office and any records I have from any other office run by this same business office, will be there. So my family doctor can see all my...
I was hoping for an opinion. I know...I could have had her by now and I have started over! LOL     Originally, Ava was picked years ago. I no longer want Ava. I am not really in to classic names much anymore. It just does not feel right. This is hard for my dh as I had convinced him of Ava a few months ago (but I picked it years ago, just took this long to get a girl).   DH says the name pick is totally mine. DH is completely in to common classic names. He...
It sounds like your water broke and it can take a while for labor to kick in. As long as all looks fine (and I am late posting, so maybe you have had baby by now) then take a shower to get ready for the day, try to rest, or go for a walk to see if you can get things going. Very exciting!
The OB office is run by the same business office as our family doctor. So, I need to call and at least cancel the next appointment, which is Monday. I am thinking of just cancelling and saying I will call back to reschedule. But then never calling back. And hoping they don't call me. With the blatant disregard that they have done, leaving me (and whatever else other patients) in this condition over the weekend, maybe they will continue on and not bother to call and check...
He is so beautiful!!! And I love the hair!!!
One thing most hospitals who ban vbacs will do, is let the woman have a room, make her stay on monitors around the clock, and refuse her any comfort measures or pain killers or anything at all. Another I have seen a lot is threats to call CPS. Then this one local hospital says they will turn you away. They say they will force you to go elsewhere. That is not even legal. But honestly, patients do not have recourse to force their rights. Law suits are not as easy as people...