or Connect

Posts by Lisa1970

The doctor I was traveling to...an hour away, is in a small town. I live an hour outside of a major city and then his town is another hour further out. Spending the entire pregnancy driving all the way up there had been a complete waste.    I asked him specifically about this weekend. He had said a while back he would be gone this weekend and I was worried and then his associate said he was going to be gone Labor Day weekend. Then, we were worried he was planning to...
Congratulations!!! He is very cute!
Very cute!!! She looks like she is smiling already!
Congratulations!!!!! 
I have been driving an hour to an OB who is known for his VBACs. But there have been issues the entire pregnancy regarding his traveling. We addressed it all with him. He assured me up and down that he would be here or have one particular OB on call who does VBACs. We were very specific in our discussions about this. He assured me up and down that he would be here. He said he was going to be out of town labor day weekend and left that one vbac doctor oncall and would be...
I know how you feel. I wish the baby would come early enough that the decision is made for me. But..I am already at that point now. I am 38w2d. They would have done the RCS a couple days ago if I had wanted it. I don't know how I will handle it if I go past due.    
Not for their ages. I am in Texas and they keep adding a grade each year. The two children I am referring to are beyond the ages/course work for where the online schools have gone. I am planning to try the online schools for the youngers though, assuming they have expanded it that far by then. I am looking at a variety of programs for at home that are online.
Can anyone tell me what it is when rectal pressure starts? Is it a normal end of pregnancy thing? Also, my fundal height dropped by a lot so she is definitely down there. I don't know if she is engaged or anything. My provider does not do cervical checks, not before labor anyway. Which is for the best. I never have dilated before real labor hit anyway. But...I am 38 weeks now. So..I am wondering..do I sound close? Or is all this just normal...end of pregnancy, last few...
Thing about it is, if one child dies from an illness, it will be all over the news. They don't even bother to mention that the child may have actually had the vaccination too. But I have seen several cases of children dying or becoming very ill leaving permanent problems within 24 hrs of the shots. Those things never hit the news.  Something might say a child died, but it won't say it was within 24 hrs of shots. There was a big fuss of a boy dying from HIB a few years...
When you have an anti-vbac person in your midst, they will just say no and use anything as an excuse to scare you from the vbac. Ignore those people. Ignore that surgeon. Why would a surgeon encourage you to not use their product (the surgery)?   Despite many people telling me to hire a doula, I never did. I just cannot relax with others around and did not want to feel bossed around or like I am disappointing her. A doula might not be for you, or a different one...