or Connect

Posts by fertilemyrtle

My 18-month has had a non-stop runny nose and wet cough.   For well over a month.   He's in daycare 3 days/week, and the dr. at his 18-mo check up just said it's what happens in daycare.  She did note that she saw fluid in one ear, and if he developed a fever, she'd prescribe antibiotics.     At first, I agreed with her that this is just a product of daycare.  But it's been weeks now, and no sign of it letting up.  Since she told me about the ear fluid, i've noticed...
Baby's gender Guess-  Girl Actual-  BOY!! (So much for mama's intuition)   Baby's birth date and time Guess-  July 2, afternoon (although feel free to come in June, baby!) Actual-   JUNE 29, MORNING (totally cool w/ being wrong about this one!)   Baby's weight and length Guess- 8lbs., 21 inches Actual- 9LBS.2OZ, 21 INCHES (giant beautiful baby!)   Place of birth Guess- home Actual- HOME   Lenth of...
Yeah, it's been really great for me to have written the birth story and get it out there.   Thank you for the awesome feedback :)    I still can't believe it all happened!  it's surreal, and yet at 2am in the morning, very very real!   It's a funny dichotomy.    
My birth story is online here: http://www.fivepointsyoga.com/blog   Thanks everyone, for the congrats!   I'm psyched to have him here!
I was due end of June, but thought I'd go in July.  Went into labor on my due date and had him the next day, June 29.   Yona Yitzchak.   9lbs. 2 oz. at home.   First baby.   Birth story on blog soon:   www.fivepointsyoga.com   He's really cute!! 
Classes with a good teacher are so much better than DVDs!   I'm a full-time prenatal yoga teacher:   www.fivepointsyoga.com   I have a prenatal podcast you can buy on my website, fyi, and some of the previous DVDs mentioned are good, but if you can find a class to go to, it's so much better :)   Good luck.
To me, it seems much more about the teacher than the *type* of CBE class.   Bradley is only good if the teacher is good!   You could look for other independent CBE teachers, unaffiliated with a brand, or of another brand like Brio birth, Hypnobirth, etc.   Maybe even someone who will do some private sessions for you if she isn't running regular classes.   I'll be harsh and say a CBE teacher who hasn't heard of ICAN doesn't sound like a professional that I'd fork over...
I can't look up the science now, but I know there have been studies that correlate excess weight gain (maybe it was considered 50 lbs. or more) to more propensity to obesity and other related diseases for the baby.   Also, many women have a difficult time taking off excess weight, putting *them* at increased risk of those same health problems.     My personal opinion is that a 25-35 pound recommended weight gain for average weight women works in general, but not...
I lost my mucous plug last night, much to my surprise.   I was 39 weeks exactly yesterday.   I started having light contractions exactly a week ago Tuesday (at 38 weeks exactly) but my midwife keeps cautioning me to prepare to go to 42.   It's my first babe, and my mama always says she went "right on time" with me, so I really have been anticipating going between 40-41 weeks.      So, what do you think?   I'm curious to hear from people's first experience - how long...
A great story!  I can't believe a bunch of mothering mamas who I've been following all pregnancy are finally birthing!   I'm going to in about one week, I predict :)