or Connect

Posts by calebsmama03

Quote: Originally Posted by SleeplessMommy For whatever its worth, I looked at some M&D toys in a store today. Three different products were made in Vietnam. Not all of their production is in China. When healthytoys.org has more data (for example 10 or 100 toys tested from each company) it will be a very useful site. There is no "controversy" about the accuracy of XRF testing - it is accurate and reports what elements are inside the item, down to a...
I know there is some question as to the validity of the testing done on the healthytoys website and whether it is extensive enough but I wanted to point out that they have a system where by you can vote for toys that have been nominated for testing - they test the most voted for itesm. The M&D cutting food set is listed and is currently in the top 10. Would be great if lots of MDC mamas voted for it to at least get SOME outside, independent testing of M&D. I have always...
Quote: Originally Posted by Amys1st So its the fabric zipper bag on the outside that is MIC :that is the issue. But the container that holds the food is fine? Which I might add is made in the USA I"m not clear if the omission of info on the box itself means it's fine or if they haven't had it tested yet? Most of the other toys they tested with multiple parts had testing info from ALL parts listed so it's not really very clear:
added letter to original post
Quote: Originally Posted by jenerationx I was going to use a Wrap N Mat but my choices were PVC or Made in China, so instead I opted for waxed paper bags. I really like them. This was my problem with them, too. I use PVC free plastic wrap but am looking for a better, reusable option. I bookmarked a pattern to make the wraps and other info - let me find it... I can't find my bookmark but it was a pattern to make a wrapnmat type thing and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by SleeplessMommy XFR is very accurate and reliable... It measures ALL of the lead in the "bulk" of the object being tested. The manufacturer is (probably) claiming that lead in the "bulk" of the item is not important - the manufacturer does the leach testing and finds no leached lead, claims it is OK. This is a difference of opinion, really. Is it OK to have lead in the product if it won't leach out? BTW, lead in a PVC lunch...
Quote: Originally Posted by Soxfan Mom A couple of things: 1) I read a blog called Magazine Death Pool, and the most recent post suggests USN&WR as one that might not survive the winter. 2) The author of the article resigned in disgrace as the head of American Red Cross after funds were mishandled that were meant for Sept. 11 victims' families. Her credibility is suspect, no? I guess that's my way of saying that whatever she writes is likely to be...
OMG! We need a well versed and credentialed person to write a rebuttal to be printed because there are going to be thousands upon thousands of uninformed or underinformed young parents who read that article and believe it at face value!:Sow completely unethical and irresponsible of her to use her MD credential to push what is obviously a personal agenda condoning abuse! Maybe someone from the docs agains circ group? Off to e-mail them - many more should too!
OMG! :cry That has to be one of the most precious things I have ever heard!!!!
This is being discussed on one of my private groups but I thought it important enough to share here. According to this site, laptop lunches tested positive for lead in addition to PVC and other chemicals. http://www.healthytoys.org/product.searchbrand.php#L I know many on MDC are fond of the Bento style lunches a'la veganlunchbox blog, etc so wanted to be sure it got posted. Someone contacted the company and was told that they are looking into this study and that...