or Connect

Posts by wiksty

Thanks for asking! Things have been...slow (especially on the legal front), but better. It was very difficult those first few weeks. It is difficult now too, but those first weeks were the WORST. I am no longer freaking out, still stressed, but trying my hardest to handle it positively. My girls are in counseling and I'll start soon, it has helped tremendously. We've all been meditating and that is wonderful. I never realized that a 3 and 5 year old could meditate so...
  I know that this is months late (I don't know why I never saw that you replied. I apologize), but I just wanted to say thank you for your advice. I never thought about the possibility of doing a Research Assistant position and I need to hear that I should speak up about the situation. It's all so embarrassing that I find it hard to talk about, but...I think you're on to something when you say my professors may be more accommodating if they knew...something.   I am very...
  Oh my goodness Chelsea!!! I don't know why I never saw that you wrote a reply to this post until now, but OMG! Yes, it's the same me, same Wiksty from LJ :) How are things?! I checked out your blog. It's beautiful! I've got one too now, it's http://sustainablysingleparenting.wordpress.com/ ----- I just started it after I started to get a bit of a handle on my life after the aforementioned relationship. Goodness, it's a mess. My school has VERY little resources, but I'm...
I just typed out the LONGEST reply of my life...and my toddler erased it with one click. I am so sorry to not leave the reply that I want to, but since it took me twenty minutes to type out (and I don't have that type of time to spare again at the moment) I wanted to at least let you know that I appreciate your suggestions and your encouragement. Thank you for the book information and I think you're onto something with that "planned incomplete" idea. Congrats on...
Thanks so much for all of your suggestions! I really appreciate your information on the North Shore Holistic Moms Network; I live in Essex County and we're really close to Andover, where the group meets! I hope we can find some like-mined families to connect with!   I've considered taking a leave from school, but it's so expensive to live out here that I cannot afford to do so. I've already deferred (the year before coming) and reapplied (the year before that, after...
Thank you LorenaAZ   so it CAN be done?!   Unfortunately, my school doesn't offer online courses (I'm at a private school doing a Master of Arts in Publishing and Writing. There aren't too many schools in the country offering my degree), but I may be able to finagle a Directed Study or do my Master's Project the semester I am due to avoid having to make trips onto campus. I really DO need the financial aid in order to stay where we're living. It might be possible...
Thank you anon_abroad   That is a good idea. Just taking it one step, one day at a time. Trying to piece together how exactly I am going to keep from crashing after Baby comes is...a bit too overwhelming!     Thank you as well rnra   I am on good terms with my Graduate Program Director and the Dean, so I may be able to work something out. Other then directly speaking to someone in your program I am not certain that my school does much to ensure retention...
Welcome :) We moved here in August of last year and my daughters (one just turned 3 and the other will be 5 in July) could certainly use some playmates! We live in Bradford, but I go to school in Boston and we're there enough to meet up occasionally! PM me if you're interested in getting together somewhere (the girls LOVE the Museum of Science, the Children's Museum, and Quincy Market type stuff. They've only been to BPL once, but they were amazed. I've sworn to take...
I live in Bradford and I went to a really nice place out in Salem, NH for my first US. I called freaking out the same day of my pregnancy test (I was only four weeks) and they got me in THAT DAY for an US and an intake. I took my daughters, 3 and 4 along with me and they were all (the staff) really great. The OB is Dr. Edwards and he was really upbeat and optimistic. He works with three midwives and delivers at Holy Family Hospital in Methuen, MA. I'm not sure if I'll...