or Connect

Posts by Lillitu

I have been an unjobber for quite some time now- I have a pet sitting business that specializes in parrots. Our busiest times are winter holidays and summer vacations, other times of year it is slow.   I have also done other things, too- working under the table for several people and their small businesses (carefully negotiating boundaries and being careful never to always answer their calls every time they call- that is a recipe for little pay and too much work!),...
I have this vivid memory of me as a kid, my mom forcing me to eat everything on my plate. She would not let me leave the table until I did- while the rest of the family went downstairs to watch wonderful world of Disney.   I hated meat as a kid- my mom did not know how to cook it well to begin with, and I preferred vegetables anyway. I was one of those weird kids who loved brussels sprouts, but that wasn't good enough- she wanted me to eat those pork chops dang it!   I...
My child co-sleeps, but he will not be covered, no matter what- he hates it, even when he is cold. So we use feety PJs that are fleecy, and if it is still too cold, a sleep sack on top of that.
Wait, this isn't just for crafts, but undone projects of all stripes?! Oh man, I can sooo add to my list now.
OK I'm inspired and have started!   My projects so far:   5 embroidery samplers felt barrettes felt happy birthday banner for son's 1st felt crowns for for son's birthday and his best friend (they are a week apart, having their b-day party together) knit a sweater for Rowan make a bunch of parrot foot toys (for my parrots) fimo candle holder walking stick (carving and wood burning) rune set (wood burning) pouch for runes (embroidery and...
Wow, this sounds really inspiring, but I dunno if I have 52 projects! I am about to take up embroidery again, and I need to make some birthday crowns for my son (and his best friend)'s 1st birthday party... but I bet I could find others to do!
I was in labor for a total of 12 hours, and my water did not break first. The first sign I had was.... OW!
It's OK to be angry, mama. I would have a talk with your DP about your feelings. If he was willing to be on the same page with you about your DS and have some awkward talks from time to time with his mom, this sort of thing would not happen.
Sounds like a lovely place! I know my midwife friend is coming up there in the spring for a midwifery conference, so she and her partner are gonna check it out.   I think I know the answer to this, but do you happen to know if it is queer friendly as well as friendly to pagans and Jews? We have minority religions in our crew, and also want to be sure that sexual orientation is a diverse value people are more than OK with.   What are the adoption laws in your...
My family and another one are looking to relocate together, and we are investigating places for us to settle. We have specific criteria and I wanted to ask if anyplace that you know of fits most of what we want.   1. Safe places for kids to play outside. Not just supervised by adults, all the time either. 2. Green space, particularly forest. 3. State is good for midwives to practice in (law-wise) 4. City is good for new businesses opening up (not tons of red...