or Connect

Posts by Lillitu

My family and another one are looking to relocate together, and we are investigating places for us to settle. We have specific criteria and I wanted to ask if anyplace that you know of fits most of what we want.   1. Safe places for kids to play outside. Not just supervised by adults, all the time either. 2. Green space, particularly forest. 3. State is good for midwives to practice in (law-wise) 4. City is good for new businesses opening up (not tons of red...
My family and another one are looking to relocate together, and we are investigating places for us to settle. We have specific criteria and I wanted to ask if anyplace that you know of fits most of what we want.   1. Safe places for kids to play outside. Not just supervised by adults, all the time either. 2. Green space, particularly forest. 3. State is good for midwives to practice in (law-wise) 4. City is good for new businesses opening up (not tons of red...
Wow, that's cool. If you wanna chat parrots sometime, PM me. I also have a parrot focused pet sitting business, so you can bet I love them lots! Ah! I've never used an electric stove, so I did not know that. Good to know.
I love the idea of doing a food blessing, personally. One that fosters gratitude for what we have and stresses the cooperation of getting food to our table all down the line (farmers, truckers, processors, grocers, food preparers, etc.).   I would totally let a kid do a blessing as soon as they were able to understand the concept and had the language, however simple, for it.
My house is clean most of the time. But it is not because of me- my DP is very anal about it. I'm glad because I like a clean home, but there are other things that always trump cleaning for me.
If my son wanted to dance, I would sign him up! We know a male ballet dancer who is part of a professional company (he and his wife were in our birth class), so I would take him to talk to him as well.
That is so awesome. Congrats to you. Would you also PM me? I would love to support a company that walks its talk.
We only use non-toxic cook and bakeware in our home, as we not only have a baby, but we have parrots. The PTFE in non-stick is not only long-term carcinogen for us, but will kill birds instantly if overheated.   So we have stainless steel, cast iron, enameled cast iron, pyrex, silicone, and ceramic pot pans, and bakeware.   Unless you can get a whole set for cheap, I would get really durable high quality pieces one at a time, just the things you need. In my small...
MY son is too young for TV (he's 11 months), and we don't even have a TV right now. But after age 2, we probably will limit what he can watch to less than an hour a day. And we would probably time when he can watch for optimum effect for mommy and daddy (some focused time to accomplish things like writing) and we will def. monoitor what he watches too. It needs to have some redemming value and not be riddled with violence, even cartoon violence.
I think if anything has to give, it would be the PT work- can your spouse take on a bit more of that, to make room for you HS?