or Connect

Posts by Lillitu

positive test, check. sore boobs, many days- check! ravenous every three-ish hours, check! easily tired and want to nap often- yep. other than that, no morning sickness, fainting, or anything. it does sometimes make me doubt... except no period!
i think your plan is brilliant. you have to ask yourself, the people who are telling you not to move, what is their motive? most likely, they would just miss you. but it sounds like a fantastic plan that is best for your family in the long run. if your kids are young, this is the perfect time to move!
from what i understand medi-cal will cover a birth center, but not a home birth. and they jerk midwives around to get their payments in a timely way...
Hello, Pagan Mamas! Hope it's not too late to join in, as I just found this thread. I am a queer polytheist mama-to-be in the SF Bay Area. I am due January 2010. I live with my partner, the BD, and we are also poly. We are both in the same religious tradition- Feri Witchcraft. It is an American Tradition that predates Wicca, small- so many do not know it. It is an initiatory path and a mystery tradition. So the only way in is seeking an initiate to teach you and hope...
so i normally dye my hair red, and since discovering i was pregnant i have not touched up the roots (which are a brown i do not like, plus LOTS of gray). i read somewhere that hair color is really bad for the baby, but then i read somewhere on this forum someone talking about doing it. so what gives? i would love to color my hair again, but only if it is safe. anybody know for sure? anyone have studies that show its safe or dangerous? thanks, mamas.
thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. thinking that i will start a pregnancy blog- to mark all the gritty details for the baby when s/he comes and is interested! has anyone else done such a thing? or do they keep a book?
Quote: Originally Posted by boigrrrlwonder We've chosen the name Rowan. boigrrrlwonder! that's our boy name choice- Rowan Sebastian. if we have a girl, we have chosen Acacia Prudence. both first names are trees, very gender neutral and natural. we chose middle names that were more gendered, in case the baby IDs that way down the road...
i wonder about prenatal vitamins and pill supplements. i study herbalism, and have been taught that often those pills aren't assimilated properly and often you can find the whole pill in poop. does anyone know any whole food supplements that i can take? i am interested in nutrition, but want it to actually be of use...
yep. i am 39 and will also be when the baby comes. my baby will be born wrinkly, to hear some people talk!
i started experiencing symptoms three weeks after my conception date, which many said was too early and it was probably "all in my mind" or "wishful thinking". i tested and got my BFP the week my period was due. the due date and the two days after my tests were faulty. but four days after my due date for AF i tested and it came back positive. when you are so very hopeful, sometimes you doubt what your body is saying, because you want it so bad. but listen to your...