or Connect

Posts by Annapooh

The talking thing we are good at. My SO has been raising his boys with exteme amount of help from his mom the past 5 yrs. She doesn't live with them, but she is there everyday. This will be gradually reduced once we are together. The boys are starting to see me as an authority in their lives. When there is something we see that we don't understand or agree with, we are good at being respectful and trying to come to a consensus.   ex: This past weekend, the boys...
My SO and i will be getting married soon. He has three boys; 8,8, and 10. I have three kids; 9, 15, and 17. My SO is a widower, I will be the boys' mom. It is a role I am easing into,but I will soon be jumping in the deep end, and I am trying to keep my eyes, heart and mind wide open. I have started posting in the blended family forum also, but I am here seeing how you all manage families with children the same age or very close in age.
I don't honestly have mulitples. I know there is nothing that can exactly match it, but soon, very soon, I will be the mother of two dss age 8, dd age 9, and dss age 10 along with dd 17 and ds 15. The eight year olds are a month apart, my SO adopted all three of his. I feel like many of the challenges we are going to face are similar to what parents of mulitples face. Any advice would be helpful! Time management? Meal planning? Laundry? How do you feed them all...
Fair... I guess I should explain; the boys throw things, yell at their dad and grandma, run away from them in public if they don't get their own way, the tv has been punched, the DS has been thrown.... this is why I am asking because I don't want to be a step monster and I don't intend to measure the boys to my bio children. I just want to find ways to implement some calm for everyone involved. My honey admits to having been in a rut he doesn't want to be in.
I am engaged to a man with three boys; 10, 8, and 8. I have a dd 17, ds 15, and dd 9. My honey is a widower of five years. I am divorced for just over a year. We have different parenting styles, but we are good at talking things out. We also don't live together yet, that is soon coming. My three and I are very close, help me learn what I need to know to show my three new ds all the love they need and work together with my honey to instill a better disipline strategy. The...
He quit so long ago! He has NEVER done the deep soul searching work of his role in anything. Five years ago, I broke. I went in the hospital for depression and anxiety. We NEVER talked about it. I went, I got meds, I got out and I went to therapy. I have gone to therapy a few times over the years. He moved his things out on our 17th anniversary. He enjoyed making sure I knew they were going out of town on Sunday. BLAH! I knew her, she had been my friend I thought. My kids...
STBX moved out five weeks ago. I found out about gf on a Wed. and that was his last night at our home. That Thur, he moved in to an apt with gf. Now, five weeks latter, he has gotten the "last" of his stuff out, and I am left to clean up the mess. The emotional mess for myself and our kids. The physical mess of stuff that was his "dept". The yard needs serious work besides mowing. The Christmas lights need taking down. The garage has five years of crap in it, along with...
It is my hope and goal to continue to stay home. STBX left five weeks ago. We have three kids, 16, 14, and 8. The temporary support order should be enough to allow me to stay home if I am very careful. I homeschool two of our children. I have never gone to college, and I now qualify for the full pell grant, so I am planning on starting at the local community college in June, with my first classes being online. I may have to end up working part time, we will see. Right now,...
lots of things to consider! I am just at the beginning of our divorce. Copays are going to be a big one for me. He is trying to say cs should pay them. I am saying three kids in therapy for a while at $35 a visit, plus regular dr visits and medical expenses is going to get to be too much to pay on my own.
Tomorrow I go to the local community college to take assesment tests to see what I remember from high school 20yrs ago! I think that the child support and alimony that has been awarded will cover our bills if I am very very careful. Stbx got his master's during our marriage. I have asked and asked to start school... somehow it has always been put off. Now, I should qualify for full pell, and with luck, start school, and continue to homeschool. I know what I want to be when...