or Connect

Posts by LittleOne03

Here, in Oregon, they test after 24 hours, and then again at 2 weeks old. My youngest has a metabolic disorder and, because of the test at 24 hours, we discovered it at 5 days old and were able to begin supplementing her immediately with biotin (she has biotinidase deficiency). Since it was caught so early she should never show any ill effects from it. If it had not been caught early it could have had catastrophic effects. I know that these disorders are rare, but we...
I'll be really honest about Kaiser midwives. Personality wise I really liked the midwife that I used for all three of my pregnancies with Kaiser. She's a sweet woman, and she even came in twice on her nights off to catch my babies (she caught both of my girls). BUT.... They are held to the same proceedures that the Kaiser doctors are. There is still not a trust in your body to do what it needs to. This means if you aren't progressing "fast enough" during labor you...
No, we have Kaiser, and are currently paying completely out of pocket for our homebirth.
My previous midwife told me that she finds that mamas are MUCH better and more accurate at predicting baby weights than anyone else, and she tended to trust those instincts more than what she guessed or what an ultrasound guessed.
Woo hoo!!!! Congrats, mama!! I'm so happy for you!
I don't see a poll, but I'll answer. My first was induced and was born at 39w 4d, although I really feel like I was close to going into labor on my own. My second labor started with my water breaking and she was born at 39w 4d. My third labor also started with my water breaking, and she was born at exactly 39w, so your theory didn't test out for me.
I just interviewed with the midwives I hope to use this week and they will do homebirths for anywhere between 35.5 and 43 weeks.
I have the 1034D and have been nothing but thrilled with it. I ordered mine from Ken's: http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/sto...3&Item_ID=2694 It's a great and easy to use serger for the price. I love how quick and easy it is to give professional finishes to my garments. I also love that this particular machine uses regular sewing needles, so I know I always have needles on hand for it. I'd make the same decision again in a heartbeat!!
My 3rd was smaller than my second. My second was born 4 days before her due date at 7 lbs 10 oz. My third was born a week before her due date and was 6 lbs 11 oz. My second is big boned and solid. My 3rd is smaller boned and petite. It didn't have as much to do with their due dates as it did their builds.
Yes, yes, yes!! I can't imagine being with anyone else. I can't imagine that anyone else would be as wonderful of a daddy to my 3 (and soon to be 4!!) sweet babies. We truly feel that we both ended up with the one we were supposed to.