or Connect

Posts by pony

Thank you so much dear mamas for your understanding and support! I just got to remember that this too shall pass. I should be happy and relieved that this miserable "marriage" is finally coming to an end--by about January I'll probably be officially divorced, the assets will be divided, and I'll be a free and sovereign woman with an exciting future. That's something to look forward to! I should just focus on that. Yeah.
I'm in the middle of a divorce and unfortunately, my soon-to-be-ex refuses to move out which feels like entrapment: I can't move on with my life with him living with me. I can't date (not that I'm so desperate to do that right now anyway), I can't join Parents w/o Partners, I can't really even have guests over. I can't get a better job (alimony issues), I don't have any peace, I don't have any privacy. And I don't know what the hell my future is going to look like. Where...
Thanks for all of your replies--Of course I don't like to be made to feel guiltier than I already feel, but I appreciate your positions. I should emphasize that during our late-arrival spell, I had mono, which put me in slow motion mode with everything. I love the comment about raising the kids to be savvy, and not to stress out about being there on time. Frankly, I think it is more important to have the child arrive late but non-stressed than on time and stressed. Today,...
I've been having a hard time getting it together lately ('cause I've been very sick) and have been bringing my son to kindergarten late for the past 3 days. I know this is irresponsible of me and it disrupts the class, is disrespectful of the teacher and the school schedule, and fails to teach my son the virtue of self-discipline. And I feel very guilty about that. I know they're trying to teach the children to be good little citizens who grow up to be good workers who...
Thanks for replying, Sunshine. Thanks for your advice and understanding. Couldn't I demand more than just half of whatever the appraiser thinks it's worth?
I HATE having to live with my STBX while we're going thru our divorce. I've asked him and demanded numerous times that he move out and he refuses. I don't want to move while he has the house all to himself. He's the one who filed and now he won't let me move on with my own life because he's constantly here. I can't stand him! I can't stand sharing the same space with him, I feel compelled to hide things like divorce correspondence from my atty, etc. I have no privacy....
Central Nj.
This is the first yr I've heard of this "treasure mapping". I did it on April 8 , shortly after the magic hr. However, I did not bother with making collages from cutouts from magazines or anything like that. I just made a list in my notebook of things I wanted in my life. Did I do it right?
This sounds very amicable--maybe TOO amicable. Are you sure you two ought to be divorced? I'm sure my divorce isn't going to be this friendly. At least it'll make me less sorry about divorcing him.
I read Divorce Busting when I was desperately trying to save my marriage. I really loved the book and highly recommend it to anyone with marriage difficulties. Unfortunately, it didn't really work for me. Both my husband and I came to the conclusion that our marriage wasn't worth saving. We're still living together (as roomates, nothing more) but it's just a matter of time till we file for divorce and go our separate ways. I think I'll be happier then. At least I won't be...