or Connect

Posts by pony

Well, we spent over $262 at the divorce mediator's and we have nothing to show for it--no settlement agreement, nothing but a deficit in our checkbook. We spent virtually the whole hour and a half trying to decide why we were there in the first place. Divorce? Separation? Working on the marriage? I think we decided on divorce. So next week we have to spend even more money.
Well, tomorrow is the big day. I just got off the phone with my husband --I was trying to grapple with him as to whether we should go for a divorce or a separation agreement, I was trying to confirm that he in fact doesn't want to be with me and doesn't want to work on the marriage. So we argued about stupid stuff for over an hour. And still I'm not clear about what he really wants. I'm frankly not sure what I really want. All I know is that I don't feel very wanted by...
I don't think I'll have to pay him child support. He makes more money than I do. In fact he'll have to pay ME child support for my son. I think my husband is capable of taking care of our daughter. He won't hear of sending her to an institution--I've tried to convince him in the past that it would be best.
That lawyer did call me back. He tried calling me several times on my cell which wasn't on me. So we had a lengthy conversation and I'll be calling him for an appt after our mediator appt tomorrow. I feel that I cannot care for my daughter alone--she's a medically fragile, severely handicapped, high needs child I simply cannot handle--especially as a single mother. Just last night I had to take her the emergency room because her gastronomy tube came out and we didn't have...
We've got an appt. to see the divorce mediator Thursday (in just 2 days). We'll divide the assets. He's already got an atty. I just called one from the yellow pages today (who hasn't called me back yet). I better get his name off my credit cards and car ins. Is there anything else I need to do? Please advise.
Just a poll I'm taking, out of curiousity. I have no plans and it'll probably be just another day .
I'm having a very rought day today... 1. I was coming home from my therapist's today, my car slipped in the snow and I hit the tree by my driveway. There are dents and cracks on my fender and my hood doesn't close all the way. 2. My husband called a mediator to initiate divorce. This was not unexpected but still I can't believe this is happening. 3. I put a slice of nut roll in the toaster oven and a peice of it caught aflame in there. 4. My scale (like a ruler that I...
We usually spend Christmas Eve with my parents and Christmas Day with my in-laws. This year things are so bad between my husband and me we're on the brink of divorce and because he's been bad-mouthing me so much to his family that they probably hate me. I could detect a definite attitude shift by my mother in law's tone of voice when she speaks to me on the phone, by the way 2 of my sister-in-laws completely ignored me when we were at a restaurant with his family. One of...
I too am in a loveless marriage where neither of us love eachother. It's pretty much never been otherwise. All these yrs that we've been married I've had a nagging feeling that this is not right. We don't even have sex anymore. We're actually on the brink of divorce. I'm almost looking forward to it. But also, so so scared of it. But to live a life of loneliness, never even touching, not connecting in any real way, not even communicating well, is a big drag.People are not...
I'm in a similar situation, except that I work during the day while my husband works nights, and I love my job. We had been unhappy for most of the marriage. There was never any real love between us, but we made 2 babies together. We've been on the brink of divorce since the summer when he started an emotional affair with an ex-girlfriend. I've been too scared to live as a single parent and I fought for the marriage, though he's not sure he wants to work on the marriage....