or Connect

Posts by FiveLittleMonkeys

The PICC line was a godsend, because my veins are just shot.  The insertion was not bad at all - some pressure, but it wasn't painful.  I could shower, but I have to cover it with a waterproof bandage thing so it wouldn't get wet.  I took a lot of baths with my arm out and had dh help me with my hair.   Just make sure that you use and everyone who comes in contact with your PICC uses precautions. Simple ones - like using wipes before hooking it up/injecting...
We also have a $500 per person/$1000 family deductible plan.  How it works is that the first two people who "get" to $500 meet the family deductible.  If additional family members have contributed towards their individual deductible (in your case, your $43), that amount becomes moot, because the family deductible has been met.   You should only be responsible for your 20%.  I would tell your OBs office that they need to call your insurance company, because according...
I got new rings a few years ago when my dh realized that I really didn't like yellow gold.  It was kind of funny - he had taken me to buy me earrings for Valentine's Day and wanted me to pick them out, and I was in the white gold while he was in the yellow gold.  We'd been married for 12 years.  The ring he proposed with was a marquis cut set in yellow gold - which was pretty much the exact opposite of what I liked.  It came with love though, and I proudly wore it (until...
Um, I sure hope you don't mean this the way it sounds.  Because it sounds TERRIBLE.   OP, I'm very sorry about what your ex and his girlfriend did.  But like the others, I'm fairly certain you have no legal recourse.  
  And your condescending tone doesn't make you look elitist?  Uh...ok?   I realize that it's merely a defense mechanism, so I'm choosing not to take it personally.  HTH!!   OP - I would have done the exact same thing you did.  Sometimes when you're a parent, you have to make the best of two not-so-great choices.  
My ex was never directly jailed, but he did have his driver's license suspended for non-payment of support.  A few months later, he was pulled over for speeding, the officer saw that he was driving on a suspended license, and arrested him for that.  
If we are actually attending the party, I make up a "college survival kit" that has some laundry detergent, a laundry bag, first aid kit, a few rolls of quarters, some unbreakable dishes and microwave friendly food, along with a card and a gift card to Target or Walmart.  I put it all in a small Rubbermaid container.   If we don't attend, I send between $50-$100, depending on the relationship.
My son is night weaned, and I can't seem to really settle into a good sleep until he wakes for the first time and comes into bed with me.  In fact, there have been nights that I'm ready to sleep, and I just go in and get him so I can go to sleep!  I'm glad I'm not the only one!!
My basis on the fire safety issue was based on a former neighbor, who turned her child's doorknob around so she could lock the door from the outside.  I know for ME, if I'm already in a little bit of a panic trying to get TO my child, having the extra step of needing to unlock the door from the outside could be an issue (shaky hands, racing minds, what have you).   But again, that is based upon the only person I've known to lock her child in their room at night, via...