or Connect

Posts by Dreaming

I've been making smoothies for my SPD child for a few years now. I do my best to keep dairy and gluten out of them. We have a Vitamix that has proven invaluable. He won't drink anything that has seeds in it and the Vitamix will blend them to specks. As far as recipes are concerned, I just make things up. Coconut yogurt, rice or hemp milk, all fruits and veggies in various combinations. Avocado or coconut butter or cashews are great for fats. A good trick is to use...
Thanks for the info! I'll read up some more on that doctor you mentioned. I've been taking Vit D and a B complex. I know nothing about maca yet. Coconut oil has come up a few times hunting about here on MDC. I took a scoop last night and WOW is that stuff vile. I'd forgotten, but I'll eat it if it helps (I usually mix it into other things like raw chocolate balls or something).   I'm super tired and achy and feeling a ton of apathy because of the amount of effort it...
I had acupuncture done and honestly didn't notice a change. In fact, my pain got worse over time (and here I am searching for more information on my medical situation). Good luck to you. I bet results vary according to each person and their state of consciousness. Hope you feel better soon, either way. :)
I'm going in to get blood work drawn early next week, but I'm a little bit freaked out by how quickly things are changing. I've had body aches (burning pain in my joints and just general aching all over) for several years now. Not one practitioner has suggested checking levels. Instead, I was told to "avoid stress". The burning gets worse with certain foods and certainly with stress.    The last couple of months, I noticed the hair in the front of my head is thinning...
DS has some sensory issues and delays and has been VERY reluctant to poop in the toilet. I was determined to respect his needs and take a gentle approach at his own pace, but I honestly had no idea that he would start potty learning at 3, regress and continue to refuse anything but a diaper/pull-up for nearly 2 years. We were going back and forth between pull-ups and underpants for a long time because he was pooping in his pants while holding poop in 5-6 times a day....
Thanks for the new game suggestions! I'll try them.  Hungry Hungry Hippos is nice and rowdy. I forgot all about that one.  I think he'd like Elefun ( I think that's what it's called) where it blows "butterflies" up in the air to be caught with little nets. He's definitely into movement. DH reminded me that DS is able to play several levels in video games like Jak and Daxter without assistance. He clearly knows how to problem solve. His speech delay has really thrown me...
Like Candyland or Hi-Ho Cherry-O or Chutes and Ladders? Mine is nearly 5 (in Feb) and does not play any of them. I tried explaining Hi-Ho Cherry-O yesterday, but he just wanted to collect the cherries in a bucket and push them around pretending they were going for a ride. Once he played about 1/2 a game of Candyland and seemed to grasp the rules, but then wandered off to go do something else.   Just curious. My DS has shown delays in several areas, so I'm...
Thank you. You're right. He may just be trying something different. Dh and I keep second guessing ourselves and playing " what if". It may just be that Ds has some delays and/ or sensitivities. We are going to make an appointment with a new doc ( we are new to the area) and see if she has anything to add. I just want my kids to be healthy and happy.
Now I'm wondering if something is going on with him that we aren't fully aware of. I have read a lot about Autism and he doesn't have enough of the markers (he has always smiled, made eye contact, he plays pretend, can follow a series of directions, etc), but there's definitely something going on.   The kids were playing in the toy area for a few minutes and I gave them warnings before we left. We went to the store so I could buy picture frames and they both knew...
I wanted to add that DD isn't reading the Headsprout books because she feels they aren't interesting, but she is reading other books and sounding words out phonetically. It could be that she is taking more than one approach (not officially, just her learning style).