or Connect

Posts by Dreaming

leafwood- I'll see if I can find that at the library. Thank you.
It's a barking cough. Very dry and often just one cough. When she was a baby, she would cough the same way when she was crying hard. I thought it was just being deeply upset with a runny nose that was making it occur at that time. It honestly never even registered on my radar until the last month or two. She doesn't have a coughing fit. Just one cough and then nothing. She doesn't clear her throat or wheeze or anything. I'm going to find a doctor in our new city asap,...
tankgirl- I hear you on the cost. It's the first and only thing I have spent money on since 3 years ago when I bought the Oak Meadow Preschool that is now gathering dust (and I never used once ). I'm pretty sure most of the stuff we use will be free online or the library. I hope.
Thanks for the feedback! I ordered Headsprout with the promo code. Now to figure out the rest of our stuff...
Thank you! We are still waiting to hear back. Hopefully, not much longer now. I suspect we are far down on the list of priorities, though.
I wrote to Reading Eggs, but I wanted to know if any of you have had similar experiences with the site. DD is on lesson 3 and the Flash animation freezes and won't allow us to click on the words. We've tried on two computers. It's a nice program, but I'm certainly not going to pay for it if it's this unstable. We also demoed Headsprout and she wants to purchase the full program. Is it better than Reading Eggs? About the same? I'm wondering if there is a program similar...
we need to get out of our current lease and find a more suitable (smaller for one) home in an area 40 minutes away. We have put in our "formal" letter stating we would like to find replacement renters asap, but the homeowner hasn't gotten back to the property management people. There is a lot more to the story that I will not share online, but I am very stressed out and having a hard time functioning. We really need this to happen quickly. We told the property management...
Thank you. Your response is really heartwarming and making me cry. This panic business is for the birds. I also do not like feeling so alone. Ironically (or not) I have anxiety about taking meds, too. I know about brain zaps and flat lining and other really yucky stuff and it just freaks me out. Granted, living in serious terror isn't exactly fun times, either (but I do recall just a week ago when I was much more chill, so I know this won't last forever). I will give...
Basically, I have been feeling like I'm having a panic attack since late last night. The night before last I had a bout of anxiety that lasted an hour or two, but I called my mom to talk and it faded. I've been in fight or flight for something like 20 hours now. It sucks SO bad. Really, it's just an overwhelming feeling of impending doom that will. not. stop. and I'm desperate. Now, I have tried Kava Kava and Valerian to help my body, mind and emotions chill out. They seem...
My 6 year old went from wanting to go to school to preferring unschooling (in her words, she said "I not want to do ANY school. No regular school, no homeschool". Like the PP, I agree that there is a ton of propaganda out there and it's my job to make the big decisions when it's something my kids cannot grasp the full implications of.