or Connect

Posts by Heidi74

Not sure what's normal, but I am sitting here with birthday invitations to write, as we speak. I plan to get them out tomorrow. DS's party is on the 8th, so 2 1/2 weeks away. That said-I have mentioned it to some people by word of mouth (though some may have forgotten since that was before summer break), but I just realized that it's high time to get the invitations out. Ideally I would have wanted to send them out about three weeks in advance--not sure why I have that...
During the warm months, my almost three year old has to at least wear underwear in the house (like PP, worried about naked butt on furniture), and clothes outside when we are home. We live in an apartment building, so we don't have our own yard. We visit my parents in Scandinavia for a couple of months in the summer, and while there he may be naked outside in their yard or at the beach if he so chooses. My twelve month old is usually diaperless in my parents yard, and...
DS has a Strider, and, like the others here I have to say that we are very happy with it. I second the PP in that the lightness is wonderful. DS is lightweight for his age, and not having to deal with the bulk and weight of a regular bike feels safer and is easier on him, I think. He has had the balance bike for half a year now, and is about to turn three. He loves, loves, loves his bike. We weren't going to put him on a regular bike until around 4-ish, but the other...
We do part-time EC, and today my brother asked why DS2 (11 mos) is almost always diaper-less when out in the backyard. "Aren't you worried that he'll get a rash? Put a diaper on that child!" he said. Ummmm...yeah....the absence of a diaper is why babies get diaper rash.
Normally, we eat healthy-quite a bit of organic foods, hardly anything processed, etc. We drink water and milk at home, with an occasional glass of OJ. Otherwise, we don't really buy juice, and only have soda once in a blue moon. For my almost three year old, the things I am most opposed to him having are a lot of artificial colors. I won't freak out if he has an occasional handful of M&Ms, but don't like him having things like Kool Aid, Jello, and such. Artificial...
I don't have any advice for you, but I can tell you that my DS1 used to do something similar when he was about 20-23 months old...around the time we started potty training. (We didn't really do EC with him--well, only very occasionally when he was a baby.) He would go into our bedroom closet every time he needed to poop, and would stand there and poop in his diaper. Then, he would come out and ask to be changed. I tried putting the potty in there, but he was too...
I have two boys, age almost three, and 9 months. We also use DVDs for this purpose, and if I'm alone with them at night that is definitely what I end up doing. I get them both ready for bed, let DS1 watch a DVD while I put DS2 to bed, and then read and put DS1 to bed. I don't like to use the TV as a babysitter, but it's not easy having two little ones and for now, that's what works. For naps, my best strategy is to make use of a comfortable double stroller, and take...
I am really new to this, since we only started EC two months ago when DS2 was 7 months. He is now 9 1/2 months, and we've been having some similar issues to yours for the past two weeks. A couple of weeks ago, he started pulling up, and ever since that time he has not wanted to sit on the potty for more than a second or two. He used to love sitting on the potty, and for a while all the poos and maybe about 50% of the pees were going on the potty. We use diapers (often...
I also just say "yup." That said, as with many things, I really think it really comes down to both nature and nurture. Some babies personalities probably are more prone to fussing, and the way they are treated can also play in. In general, I find that the "you're so lucky" comments will come no matter what the issue is, even if it's something you worked hard on. For example, we are always getting comments about how lucky we are that our kids are such great eaters and...
Reading this, I am dreading what will happen when my kids get older. I have two kids, age 2.5 and 9 months. Right now, we are spending about 90 dollars a month on a parent/child early childhood program that we go to twice a week. That includes both kids. Twice a month, we go to a language playgroup (my mother tongue), that is free but we pay 8 dollars (so 16 total) for lunch. We probably do museums, the zoo and other such activities twice a month or so, but...