or Connect

Posts by Heidi74

DS1 is almost three, and we went the BLW route with him when he was a baby. He is usually a very good eater, and will try just about anything. Sometimes I have to tell him what is in something though, before he will try it...especially if it is a soup, stew or something with multiple ingredients mixed together. (Ie. for lunch today we had shrimp chowder, something he has never had before, and I literally explained to him exactly how I made the soup before he would try it....
Quote: Originally Posted by babywearer_anon Yes! I forgot to mention that we did try a regular, open cup for the last month or so. but it seemed like too much water at once and dd would always choke and sputter, even if there was just a tiny tiny bit in the cup. So that was my thinking on trying (first the bottle) and then the sippy. I've used a sippy and removed the valve in the beginning with both my boys. With DS1 I introduced the sippy at...
We have a loose schedule every day, but I don't have set times for things, and it is liable to change. That said, these are the regular things I try to squeeze in: -Breakfast -At least one long-ish outing every day except Friday: (early childhood program 2x a week, playgroup on alternating Thursdays, an hour or two at the playground) -Lunch -A 20 minute walk with the double stroller when it's time for DS1s nap (It's the only way he will still nap at age 2 1/2.) I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Claire and Boys I have no words but That's DISGUSTINGly wrong on so many levels. So if the father consented they'd just go against the mother's wishes on everything? ITA. That is truly awful. Our boys were both born in my home country, where circ is pretty close to illegal. (Well, it's legal, but hospitals will not do it for nonmedical reasons, and there are only a few doctors at private clinics that will.) Since...
I don't have many answers for you, since I'm new to this too, but I wanted to say that your situation is a lot like mine. I started part-time ECing DS2 about a month ago, when he was 7 months old. DS1 is 2 1/2 and we have just been through the potty training thing with him. He is out of diapers, and we have the potties around the house from that, etc. I noticed that DS2 often goes several hours without peeing, and that he so obviously enjoyed the times I put him on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kmama2 I thought one of the important parts of BLW was that everything was supposed to be french fry shaped.. or big enough for them to hold and bite pieces off???? In the beginning, that shape is recommended because babies who do not have a pincer grasp yet will find smaller pieces difficult. Once the baby is able to pick up small pieces, I don't think it really matters what shape the food is in. With both my boys I...
I just started late-start EC'ing my DS about a month ago, when he was 7 months old. I have no idea how often he peed when he was younger, but since we started I've noticed that he often goes every 2-3 hours. Actually, it's a bit more often in the hours after he wakes up in the morning, but for the rest of the day it's not very often at all. When he pees, he pees a ton! At night, he often seems to pee twice. Once around 11-12 PM, when he pees a lot, and then again in the...
I have two boys-one aged 2 1/2, the other 8 months. I tend to do at least one DS1-focused outing or activity every day, and I make sure we have at least half an hour of outdoor time in there as well. In other words, one day we might go to the park for a couple of hours in the morning, or we might go to an indoor playgroup in the morning and then play for half an hour outside when we get home. Monday through Thursday, we are usually at some kind of activity in the morning...
Our apartment is far from perfect, but over the past months I have gotten some routines in place that are really helping a lot. Every day, I empty the dishwasher, do the dishes and clean the kitchen. I also usually remember to do a "swish and swipe" in the bathroom (Flylady's reminder to clean the toilet and sink), and I aim to make the beds although that rarely happens. DH and DS1 put away toys in the evening. DH empties the garbage every day and cleans our dining room...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thalia About once a week I clean it more thoroughly with soap. That seems fine to me since the big toilet is only cleaned with soap once a week, too. Otherwise it's just all rinsing. I'm guessing that how often and thoroughly the potty is cleaned would depend a lot on individual circumstances. In our case, one potty is out in the living room and the other in DS1's bedroom. DS2 (8 months) is able to crawl to them, even...