or Connect

Posts by Heidi74

My DS was afraid of using public restrooms when he was first potty trained, and we solved the problem by always having a couple of paper cups in the diaper bag. We just lower his pants and underwear a bit (don't even have to undress him) and he pees into the cup. We can do it discreetly, so he doesn't even have to go into a stall if he's afraid to. Pour in the toilet and toss the cup in the garbage... Works like a charm! (That is, as long as he just has to pee.) I...
I agree with the others in that I'm sure it depends a lot on the situation. The age gap, your toddler's personality, outside help, whether you have a high needs or an easy baby, etc. For us, it has so far been easier than I expected. (I say so far, because I am well aware that it may change.) Before we had DS2 I listened to all these horror stories about having two kids close in age, and how they would always be picking on eachother and I wouldn't be able to attend to...
[QUOTE=gracemamma;14970224] 1- Did you get the infant attachment and did you feel this necesary? (Our DD is 6 months old) We got it when DS1 was 12 months old, since we moved at that time. So no, we didn't purchase the infant attachment. For a baby under a year I would, though. With DS2 we debated whether or not to buy his own Tripp Trapp (since they can be used through childhood and even into adulthood-in fact, I grew up with a Tripp Trapp, and I remember using it at...
I also think you handled it well, and I know exactly how you feel. My 2 1/2 year old DS is starting to resist naps as well, and a couple of weeks ago I felt exactly like that. (Incidentally, I have found that the only surefire way to get him to nap is to put him in the stroller and go for a walk around the block, so now I load both kids up in the stroller at naptime and big brother falls asleep while little brother (7 mos) can look at the world and get some fresh air....
Quote: Originally Posted by dislocator3972 I think bigger babies may start needing more nutrition than just breastmilk earlier than normal-sized babies. Just my theory. HTH Can I disagree? I don't think it's as simple as that, although it may be true in some cases. I always found it strange when people would say my kids needed solids early (both were big babies, but DS2 is extremely so....he had doubled his birthweight by two months and...
I hear you. My second DS is now 7 months old, and at around 4 months I could have written your post. He is also really big--24 lbs at his 6 month checkup--and seemed ready for solids early. We were getting a lot of comments from friends and family who couldn't understand why we wouldn't just give that boy some rice cereal! We managed to hold off until two days before 6 months. At first, we just had him on our laps at mealtimes and brought extra plastic plates and...
We love, love, love our Mountain Buggies! We have had sevaral, since we've sold them used in Europe every time we've been there. There is a carrycot bassinet (pram) that can be used up to six months (our oldest, who was an average baby, could fit up to eight months though), and after that point you just clip on the seat and it becomes a regular, fully reclining stroller. They just released a carrycot for the Swift, which has been my favorite model so far. It's a little...
I can only nod in agreement to the wise answers a lot of these mamas are giving. When I had my first child, I felt much like you...like nothing ever got done, at least until I learned to carry him on my back. Even then, I was always behind on things and our apartment was a complete mess. This time (with DS2) things have been a bit easier, and I've learned some useful strategies for coping. Someone mentioned Flylady, and that has been really helpful for me. She even has...
I don't have any answers, but just wanted to say that I could have written your post. DS1 (just turned 2.5) has been out of diapers for four months now, and consistently pees in the potty or toilet. Very few accidents there. The poops, though...not so much. He seems fully aware of when he needs to go...he always turns on his "Fridge DJ" music box and goes in his room...and he won't go if he doesn't have underwear on. Usually he goes first thing in the morning, when he is...
Hmmm...well, we do have a fairly traditional divison of chores, but I feel my DH still does his part. He takes care of paperwork, taxes, garbage, recycling, anything related to the car or outside, repairs, plus grocery shopping, picking up toys in the evening and putting DS1 to bed/nighttime parenting for him. I tend to do everything else, though he will help out with other things if the need arises. I grew up in a home where my mom would wait on my dad, and we're not...