or Connect

Posts by ammiga

My husband I are done having babies. Done. I can't figure out what our best birth control option is.   I do like the idea of him getting a vasectomy, but I'm not sure if he will. I am completely open to permanent sterilization for myself.   Some of the stories I've read about side effects have me a bit worried, and I'm not sure if it is best to start with something temporary that can be changed if it isn't working (like an IUD) or just go for something permanent...
We need to buy car seats for our second car, which is a CR-V.   I cannot figure out if my almost 5 year old should be in a booster or a 5-point harness. She weighs 40 lbs and just turned FF. I'm assuming my 30 lb 2 year old should definitely still be in a RF 5-point harness.   What is the best option for my 5 year old? And my 2 year old. We'd rather not spend a fortune on car seats, but safety is a huge concern. Amazon reviews are all over the place on...
So you think people should go there to report reactions, but not to see what reactions are being reported?  
I would also say the same about you. On the one hand, you say that VAERS is an unreliable source and shouldn't be taken as fact. You truly minimize the system, even showing how someone can turn into the Incredible Hulk by getting a certain vaccine. Then you tell someone to go and post her experiences there. Why bother? The system is minimized by doctors, and said to be an unreliable source of information. Sure, you might tell people to look there or even report a problem,...
I feel that way about most of the studies conducted by the medical community.  
I've read not much gets through breastmilk for a while, but that it does cross the placenta. But I don't have sources, so maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. I would think just some healthy portions of vitamin k rich foods? I don't know. But, I'm not one for messing with evolution- I think if it doesn't get to the baby naturally, there is probably a reason for it.  
Vitamin k crosses the placenta. Just stock up on vitamin k rich foods in your third trimester.  
I can't help but wonder if some of the reasons you see these extreme reactions are because kids have such extreme reactions is that their immune systems are so abused. Not just from vaccines, but I certainly believe those are a cause. I wouldn't make my decision from extreme cases on either side. I would look at the details of our particular situation and make a decision from there.   Also, remember that doing a risk/benefit analysis is going to greatly skew your...
Is Hib still a major concern? I was under the impression that Hib was mostly gone and other strains had taken over.   We don't vax. I think the best way for my children to fight diseases is to have a healthy immune system. We support their immune system in many ways to keep it strong. I believe vaxing weakens the immune system and do not view that as a way to keep my kids healthy.  
If you want to keep both your children home, find a babysitter that can watch both. If you are happy sending your oldest to a center and are simply worried about him getting sick, I think the best thing you can do is just accept that it will happen. Kids get sick and kids get better. That's how an immune system is built. Yes, he probably will bring some of it home to your family and little one, but that could happen from the shopping cart at the grocery store, playing with...